Neil Young

where do you even get a single foreign magazine issue? are they real 7" or flexis?

Thanks for the link.

I just ordered one as Herr Professor (Insert Name).

The surname choices amused and entertained me.

So I picked up up both the 50th Anniversary Box Sets for After The Gold Rush and Harvest.
IMG_6744.jpeg
IMG_6746.jpeg
I can only compare them to the late 70s reissues I had of each but compared to those they both sound phenomenal. Best I’ve heard both albums sound. After The Gold Rush cover does look great but I would have preferred they put the production expenses into some additional extras (just an art print and 7”) still at $40 it’s worth it for the best sounding pressing of one of my all time favorite albums.

Harvest was around $80 and is worth every penny. The pressing sounds exquisite but you get so much more. You get a second LP of a live BBC performance, a 7”, a dvd of the BBC performance, a DVD Documentary about recording at Neil’s Ranch (I wish I had a DVD player), a poster and a numbered photo print, and an absolutely gorgeous hardbound book containing a ton of beautiful photographs of Neil mostly at his Broken Arrow Ranch home in the early 1970s. It’s all fantastic box set and I wouldn’t have felt guilty paying full retail for it.

Last edited:
Back