Neil Young

It may not apply in this case - given how few shows he has on the calendar - but last time Neil came through the Portland area (summer of '23) I was able to grab last minute tickets for under $30. We were sitting next to folks who had paid nearly $300 when tickets went on sale (a result of Ticketmaster dynamic pricing). I can point to similar scenarios with other bands playing larger venues (I just picked up $27 tickets - including fees - to see the National and War on Drugs a month from now). In short, I have found that more often than not it pays to wait - especially true in the past few years.

yeah, the last minute thing seems to be the way to go on some of these bigger shows. One of the outdoor venues in the area I've noticed people giving tickets away near the door before shows.
this is kinda my plan at the moment. The venue is about 20 min drive from me and my parents live not too far away so can always try to get a last minute babysitter if needed. Dylan went down to like $25 last minute last november but i just couldn't swing the date since it was the night before thanksgiving.

this is kinda my plan at the moment. The venue is about 20 min drive from me and my parents live not too far away so can always try to get a last minute babysitter if needed. Dylan went down to like $25 last minute last november but i just couldn't swing the date since it was the night before thanksgiving.
Makes sense. The risk here, of course, is that unless he adds additional shows demand is likely to be significant enough to keep prices high - especially with the uncertainty swirling around how much longer he will be performing live. Hope it works out for you!

I used to go with Stubhub for cheap day of tickets, but TickPick seems to be better these days. I find that I can usually get lawn seats at the big sheds for well under face value a few days out of a show. Rarely will I buy tickets at the onsale these dates, unless its a must see (or fairly priced).

When Trans was being recorded, Neil reportedly had submitted to Geffen Island in the Sun, which I have never seen a confirmed tracklist for. When Island was rejected, he worked on the Trans 🤖 material and ended up fusing 6 vocoder/Synclavier tracks with a few non tracks from Island, which was recorded with the Royal Pineapples 🍍 band, creating a weird split album.
Hoping someone here can shed light on/wildly speculate on the following re: Archive 3 and Trans/Johnny's Island:
1. Why was "Berlin" from the Trans tour video not included? Is there a studio version vs live?
2. Is "Silver and Gold" and "Johnny" more like Trans or Island?
3. Why not include the alternate mix of "Sample and Hold" from Lucky 13?
4. "Like an Inca" features the Pineapples, so I would have assumed it was part of Island. and the songs lyrics mirror what Neil described the album as dealing with "lost civilizations, etc.". It's not on the A3 disc with the Pineapples/Trans. Has he mentioned any reasons for excluding it? It's 9 minutes and has a great guitar solo on it.

Apparently Archives Vol 3. won't show up for streaming on NY Archives until the physical box sets are sold out per some of the discussion I've been seeing elsewhere. Bit of a bummer as that's one of the things that keeps my Archives membership going.
So the downloads won’t be available until the physical product ships or something. I imagine that is the hold up.

So the downloads won’t be available until the physical product ships or something. I imagine that is the hold up.
The downloads are out there from what i've seen, but they released it as one big FLAC file (somewhere around 30gb) which is causing issues for those that purchased, and also on the servers because of the demand. They prob should have released each album as a separate download.

I was referring to having the albums streaming though on NYA, that won't happen until the boxes sell out.

(also posted this in the repress thread)

Is the 2016 Reprise re-issue of Neil Young's On The Beach any good?

• Manufacturer ‏ : ‎ Reprise
  • Item model number ‏ : ‎ 48497
  • Original Release Date ‏ : ‎ 2016
  • Date First Available ‏ : ‎ July 22, 2016
  • Label ‏ : ‎ Reprise
  • ASIN ‏ : ‎ B01HTPPLW0
I need to start getting more Neil into my vinyl collection...

You can buy any Neil releases with confidence. I own this and it sounds great. (The only time they are less than sonic brilliance is a couple of the official bootleg releases but that probably has more to do with the source than his team trying to get the best out of it)

I'm not sure if I have the US or EU pressing—and not sure it would make a difference—but my 2016 On the Beach is one of the best sounding pressings I have.

Back