Neil Young

I have a 2002 German pressing which is fine. It’s a bit of an odds and sods so that might be part of it. The ORS is the 2015 reissue and I would imagine any represses moving forward would wear the badge as well.
I had the 2002 German pressing and replaced it with the 2015 ORS pressing. It was definitely an upgrade and worth the few dollars difference in price between the two.

The only time they are less than sonic brilliance is a couple of the official bootleg releases but that probably has more to do with the source.
Right, the tape recorder on a folding table or in some dudes shirt pocket has not proved to provide the best source material. That being Said, Carnegie Hall and The Ducks which are also apart of the official Bootleg Series sound fantastic.

Last edited:
I had the 2002 German pressing and replaced it with the 2015 ORS pressing. It was definitely an upgrade and worth the few dollars difference in price between the two.
Agree. The German pressing was poorer pressing quality and sonically a notch below the Bellman cut. I have a second U.S. press from '76 and in my opinion the Bellman reissue cut is a touch better than that one, but it is very close.

Purchased what I believe is this copy of Harvest:

As far as normal-priced reissues go, is there any better on the market?
You are golden. I have an original Lee Hulko cut from '72 that is minty, and while the Bellman doesn't beat it, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference with a blindfold on. My gear is stupidly good and the room is properly treated and Bellman matched the original, and the original is a wonderful sounding cut. I have a few early Traffic records cut by Lee Hulko also. He knew what he was doing.

Back