New Music Friday!

Radar List, 13th September 2024
  • AethyrickDeath is Absent (Black)
  • Bill LeebModel Kollapse (Electronic)
  • Dale CroverGlossolaliao (Alternative / Indie Rock)
  • Eiko Ishibashi / Jim O’Rourke / Tatsuhisa Yamamoto / Kei Matsumaru / Giovanni Di DomenicoSakuraza (Jazz / Fusion)
  • FirtanEthos (Black)
  • Sarah DavachiThe Head As Form’d In The Crier’s Choir (Experimental Ambient / Post-Minimalism)
  • The Jesus LizardRack (Alternative / Indie Rock)
  • Trelldom...By The Shadows (Black)
  • VafurlogiÍ vökulli áþján (Black)
  • WinterfyllethThe Imperious Horizon (Black / Atmospheric)

Want to take a second to recommend you my best friend's album for this New Music Friday. Today is her albums release day and she has worked tirelessly on this record for the last 2 years and I'm so proud that it's now out in the world.

If you like Angel Olsen, Sharon Van Etten, King Hannah and other grungy/rocky vibes like that I think you'll really enjoy what you hear. She's actually opened for Sharon Van Etten at the Troubadour in LA! Something about her music has a distinct late 90's rock vibe to it as well that I love.

I'm not just saying this because I love her to death but her voice to me is so unique and singular, it truly has a character and sound that I haven't heard else where. I'm so excited to see where her music takes her, she's got serious talent.

This is what she says about the record

"this is a breakup record. a grief record. and certainly a record of me figuring out what anger looked like for myself. I’ve been working on this project for almost three years, and it’s ultimately the reason I moved to LA. I felt very broken writing these songs, but I have the chance now to look at this with a whole lot of heart."

Consider keeping up wit her on IG if you dig it!

This album is great. The similarities between McCassim's voice + musical style and Indigo de Souza's music is absolutely uncanny at times. I mean this as a compliment, since I love Indigo de Souza's records. If she tours the east coast, I'll keep an eye out! In fact, she should open for an Indigo tour!

Radar List for 9.13.24

Snotty Nose Rez Kids – Red Future
FKA Twigs – Eusexua
Etran de L'Aïr – 100% Sahara Guitar
We Are Winter’s Blue And Radiant Children – No More Apocalypse Father
Talib Kweli & J. Rawls – The Confidence Of Knowing
The Fretless – Glasswing
Floating Points – Cascade
Tony Levin – Bringing It Down to the Bass
The Highwaymen – Live At Nassau Coliseum
Sarah Davachi – The Head as Form’d in the Crier’s Choir
Don Cherry | Okay Temiz – Music For Turkish Theater