NHL Thread Because There Isn't An NHL Thread

Yeah, I think due to the match ups maybe Calgary may get further but pretty sure there will be a hard stop for the Great White North once again.... 🇨🇦 🤟
Oh once again the Nhls absolutely moronic playoff seeding system means that half of the top ten teams in the league will be out after the first round. It's the worst playoffs structure in professional sport. So yes the West has a MUCH easier run through the playoffs. You can thank Bettman for that idiocy.

I’m gonna go

Avs
Wild
Flames
Oilers

I won’t be surprised if St. Louis wins their series. Their depth is good, but it’s hard to go against a team with Fleury.

Panthers
Leafs
Brooons
Rags
when was the last the Caps failed to advance out of the first round? Cats might be teeing up early 😈.

As much as I hope the Leafs can beat the Bolts, they probably won’t. Would be wild to see three Canadian teams move on.

Now if the hockey gods were kind, we’d see Oilers vs Leafs in the final 😍.

I think they have the best chance of all the Canadian teams. Leafs will likely get smoked in 5 or 6 against TBay. Oil likely can't win with that back end or goalie. But I wouldn't say they have a great chance overall no.
Would be great to have the battle of Alberta in the second round. Playoffs are so much about having a hot goalie at the right time. Actually since the last couple of weeks i feel a lot better about that tandem than going into the season or even towards the deadline. This is not a team making a deep run but that roster is much better than last year.

Would be great to have the battle of Alberta in the second round. Playoffs are so much about having a hot goalie at the right time. Actually since the last couple of weeks i feel a lot better about that tandem than going into the season or even towards the deadline. This is not a team making a deep run but that roster is much better than last year.
Battle of Alberta would be great. Agreed. I cannot stand the Oilers but I'd be down to see that match. But I do not see any conceivable way the Oilers back end, ESPECIALLY without Nurse can go very deep. But I have zero faith in Koskanin and Smith in net. Oilers have done a good job of limiting high danger chances recently but the West is far weaker than the East this season. I think if they did manage to make it though it'll be a rude awakening once they face Eastern teams.

Back