Political Discussion

The latest breaking news alert I got is that Trump my skip September's debate. His in a dispute with ABC over the microphone muting rules, and unless he get's his way of having no muting, he's threatening to be a no show.
The reports of this latest nonsense with ABC is all over the place. He got cranky last night and went on a truth bender.

These seem entertaining and I’m tempted to get an account just to follow them.

Street dwellers can now be cited, fined, or even jailed. This city is taking an ‘aggressive’ approach

San Francisco Mayor London Breed introduced what she calls a “very aggressive strategy" after the Supreme Court ruled people living on streets can be cited, fined, or even jailed even if they have nowhere to go. CNN’s Nick Watt joins a city sweep of an encampment and talks to the people living there.

Criminalize and penalize the homeless. Anything but actually give them the help they need. Thus is the American way.

Are cultural wars the main reason we are seeing the crackdown on homelessness?

It is a problem though but it's a problem no one really wants to spend the money to address. There just are not enough resources to deal with the amount of homeless there are. No one wants a homeless shelter or housing for the homeless in their areas. It's a problem people want to move past until something happens involving violence. So it's easier to just round people up or remove the encampments. It happens here in Dallas. I think opioids and already overtaxed mental health services have only made the problem worse. I worry it's only going to get worse as more and more people are pushed to the margins. Housing costs are so high and I don't feel people want to throw money at the solution.

The latest breaking news alert I got is that Trump my skip September's debate. His in a dispute with ABC over the microphone muting rules, and unless he get's his way of having no muting, he's threatening to be a no show.
It’s the other way around.

Trump does want the mics muted this time, as with the Biden debate. And the Harris campaign is trolling him hard for it.

Pavel Durov, the 39-year-old Russian-born billionaire founder and CEO of Telegram, was arrested at Le Bourget airport outside Paris late Saturday evening. The arrest occurred shortly after Durov arrived on a private jet from Azerbaijan and is said to be part of a joint investigation by several agencies investigating alleged failures in content moderation on the Telegram platform that may have facilitated criminal activity.

The CEO of Telegram was arrested over the weekend in France and the reasons as for why could be considered controversial. Essentially Telegram failed to provide adequate content moderation which may have allowed criminals to facilitate criminal activity on the platform.

The controversial part of this is that this implies that censorship is mandatory and CEO's of tech companies could be held criminally liable for what users do on their platform.

I know next top nothing about Telegram and it's CEO. But even if he is a dirtbag like Elon, wouldn't fines or shutting down the App in France be the path they should have taken?
He’s Russian and he traveled to to Paris. Different countries have different laws. Tech companies should be held accountable for their content.

The latest breaking news alert I got is that Trump may skip September's debate. His in a dispute with ABC over the microphone muting rules, and unless he get's his way of having no muting, he's threatening to be a no show.
At this point Trump needs the debate more than she does. He will end up doing it because he doesn’t want to be seen as a coward/weak. This is his “art of the deal” bullshit, he is trying to negotiate more favorable terms but no one is falling for this any more, he has no leverage.

Last edited:
At this point Trump needs the debate more than she does. He will end up doing it because he doesn’t want to be seen as a coward/weak. This is his “art of the deal” bullshit, he is trying to negotiate more favorable terms but no one is falling for this any more, he has no leverage.
CBS seems to think it is his campaign managers wanting the muted mics because they are afraid he can’t behave for 90 minutes.

So, do we think that trying to separate official acts from acts taken as a candidate is going to work for Jack Smith?

I would think the most damning things don’t fall into that category… telling Pence not to certify… does the rally on Jan 6 constitute a campaign event? He had lost at that point.

Back