Political Discussion

If we let this seep into our psyche as a collective society, what’s left but continued hatred for everything around us.
Twitter didn't exist during the genocide of the Herero, during the Holocaust, during Rwanda, during Bosnia. There's no way to unsee this, no way to continue to believe in the always-false promise of western liberalism. I am entirely depleted, too, but I'd rather fight against these powers any way I can than resign myself to this being "just the way things are" or, worse, going along with it. Might as well just turn in your humanity, then.

Twitter didn't exist during the genocide of the Herero, during the Holocaust, during Rwanda, during Bosnia. There's no way to unsee this, no way to continue to believe in the always-false promise of western liberalism. I am entirely depleted, too, but I'd rather fight against these powers any way I can than resign myself to this being "just the way things are" or, worse, going along with it. Might as well just turn in your humanity, then.
Yeah, fighting the power means constant war. I guess I don’t see an option where constant war doesn’t exist.

I am sure most NFL locker rooms have their fair share of MAGA supporters, Trump choosing one that has burned bridges everywhere he went and was last seen in the NFL quitting on his team mid game; literally taking off his pads and leaving the stadium before halftime, is the most Trump thing ever.

I am sure most NFL locker rooms have their fair share of MAGA supporters, Trump choosing one that has burned bridges everywhere he went and was last seen in the NFL quitting on his team mid game; literally taking off his pads and leaving the stadium before halftime, is the most Trump thing ever.

I guess Laveon Bell spoke at the rally too. If you recall Laveon Bell was an elite Steelers running back who held out an entire season with the Steelers, as a result losing millions in the process, He forced the Steelers to trade him to…The Jets and we was never an elite RB for the remainder of his career.

The would not be the Steelers players I would have chosen to speak but again it’s Trump.

Trump will be at The Steelers Jets game this weekend as well.

Last edited:
I guess Laveon Bell spoke at the rally too. If you recall Laveon Bell was an elite Steelerss running back who held out an entire season with Steelers, losing millions in the process, He forced the Steelers to trade him to…The Jets and we was never an elite RB for the remainder of his career.

The would not be the Steelers players I would have chosen to speak but again it’s Trump.

This is why I've eased towards other sports, as the nfl and my team in particular seem a magnet for psychos and shitheads.

I guess Laveon Bell spoke at the rally too. If you recall Laveon Bell was an elite Steelerss running back who held out an entire season with Steelers, losing millions in the process, He forced the Steelers to trade him to…The Jets and we was never an elite RB for the remainder of his career.

So Trump is a magnet for people with grievances? That tracks.

This is why I've eased towards other sports, as the nfl and my team in particular seem a magnet for psychos and shitheads.
Ironically it seems the NFL is the league that’s most outspoken about social issues. Distancing themselves from Butker, putting end racism in the end zones (I didn’t say meaningful action). I’m guessing because a good majority of their athletes do lean a certain way.

The MLB is probably full of right wingers though.

If OJ Simpson was still alive I would bet there would be good chances of him being a guest speaker at a Trump Rally.

Ironically it seems the NFL is the league that’s most outspoken about social issues. Distancing themselves from Butker, putting end racism in the end zones (I didn’t say meaningful action). I’m guessing because a good majority of their athletes do lean a certain way.

It's always appeared to me the NFL is the most flag-humpy, while the NBA has more forward thinking folks. While the MLB just kind of coasts down the middle. In reality it's probably some combo for all of them.

really of the big 4 major sports I would say Hockey would be the most Right Wing, Then MLB, Then NFL and lastly by a wide margin the NBA.

Fringe sports like MMA and NASCAR would be worse still.

Tennis and Golf are country club sports so they definitely have a rightward tilt as well.

Amazing athletes tend to assign their greatness to their hard work, and being blessed by god. They rarely acknowledge that they’ve usually been incredibly lucky to end up where they are as well and I think that mindset lends itself to to the a more conservative worldview.

I would say Hockey would be the most Right Wing
I disagree. I have no data to back this up but the NHL is extremely European and there’s still tons of Canadian players who are both mostly left of the US politically. I think Baseball is the most Right Wing out of the big 4 because it’s seems like every other player thanks god in interviews/is super religious.

If OJ Simpson was still alive I would bet there would be good chances of him being a guest speaker at a Trump Rally.
I was thinking a bout the similarities between the OJ trial and the rise of Trump recently. OJ took advantage of a corrupt and racist system to get himself out of murder. Him being found “Not Guilty” was embraced by many in the African American community because it felt like “one of them” was finally getting one over in a way that a white celebrity would. The problem is that not only did OJ kill his wife but was also someone who never embarrassed his black identity. Once he got in with Hollywood elite, he turned his back on the black community on only embraced it when he was trying to beat a murder wrap.

I understand while many Blacks felt the way they did about the OJ verdict given this country’s history but they chose to embrace a self serving athlete that murdered his wife in a fit of jealous rage so the narrative is completely lost.

I feel like this is similar with Trump. There are certainly some valid grievances that his followers hold to the way that the government rigs the system to benefit the billionaires while throwing crumbs to everyone else but to choose a wealthy, racist, narcissistic billionaire as the face of the fight against the “powers that be” completely neuters their point.

At least the populist dictator in Venezuela started out as a taxi driver.

Last edited:
I disagree. I have no data to back this up but the NHL is extremely European and there’s still tons of Canadian players who are both mostly left of the US politically. I think Baseball is the most Right Wing out of the big 4 because it’s seems like every other player thanks god in interviews/is super religious.
I agree with this. Many of the Preds players participate in the Pride parade here every year. Not saying all of them are liberals but I’d bet a good majority of them.

really of the big 4 major sports I would say Hockey would be the most Right Wing, Then MLB, Then NFL and lastly by a wide margin the NBA.

Fringe sports like MMA and NASCAR would be worse still.

Tennis and Golf are country club sports so they definitely have a rightward tilt as well.

Amazing athletes tend to assign their greatness to their hard work, and being blessed by god. They rarely acknowledge that they’ve usually been incredibly lucky to end up where they are as well and I think that mindset lends itself to to the a more conservative worldview.
Fascinating opinion. I'm by no means well versed on the political leanings of sports fans, but I will say that of the people I know, there are more NFL fans that are right wingers than hockey fans. That said, many of the people I know who LOVE football are also NASCAR fans (I live in a super red county)

Just asked husband - he says MLB then NFL as most right wing. He also puts NHL then NBA as last two.

Fascinating opinion. I'm by no means well versed on the political leanings of sports fans, but I will say that of the people I know, there are more NFL fans that are right wingers than hockey fans. That said, many of the people I know who LOVE football are also NASCAR fans (I live in a super red county)

Just asked husband - he says MLB then NFL as most right wing. He also puts NHL then NBA as last two.
I was speaking more to the athletes than the fan base but your point stands.

Back