Political Discussion

I've never liked Pelosi and agree with @mdmost that she really needs to go too, but this might be the most patriotic thing she's done in her career and I don't think she would have done it if she was still in formal leadership, but nearing the end of a career and seeing the damage RBG did, I have a great amount of thanks for her keeping the pressure on Biden to drop out.

I've never liked Pelosi and agree with @mdmost that she really needs to go too, but this might be the most patriotic thing she's done in her career and I don't think she would have done it if she was still in formal leadership, but nearing the end of a career and seeing the damage RBG did, I have a great amount of thanks for her keeping the pressure on Biden to drop out.
I was just thinking about how this reminds me of something I once read.

"You know I don't think Hitler gets enough credit. I mean, did you know that he killed Hitler?"

Was just reading that the Trump campaign already had attack ads ready to go in the event Biden dropped out and Harris was the nominee and have already started airing them in battleground states.
This doesn’t surprise you, does it? One of his best tricks is getting the disinformation out early so that it seems like the cold hard facts. These lies become so engrained that they become actual concerns of the public even though they are baseless. See election fraud, migrant crime, etc

Brill said this all started because a new law went into effect this January that would have penalized drugmakers for big price increases in drugs for Medicaid patients, and the drugmaker GSK chose to stop making Flovent instead of risking a penalty. GSK worked with another company to make a generic version of Flovent. But Brill says the generic version costs more, and pharmacy benefit managers did not want to pay more, so they didn’t cover it in many insurance plans. The end result of the negotiation stalemate is that patients lost out.

Pharmacy benefit programs seem nutty to me.

So my journey with Humira…

When I started taking it, I had a $40 copay for a one month supply. Abbvie had a reimbursement plan but I could never actually get the damn thing to work.

Then my employer went to one of those managed benefit plans for it. It cost me nothing, but my insurance got access to and maintained the program I couldn’t figure out how to use previously. This also resulted in some snafu every few months that would take me multiple phone calls and hours of time to resolve (unless I wanted to pay the retail for the drug which I did/do not).

Now under my wife’s plan, I get a three month supply once a quarter. We pay a $100 copay, which I submit to Abbvie for reimbursement. I then get a check from my wife’s employer for our copay.

Like what the actual fuck?

When I started taking it, I had a $40 copay for a one month supply. Abbvie had a reimbursement plan but I could never actually get the damn thing to work.

Then my employer went to one of those managed benefit plans for it. It cost me nothing, but my insurance got access to and maintained the program I couldn’t figure out how to use previously. This also resulted in some snafu every few months that would take me multiple phone calls and hours of time to resolve (unless I wanted to pay the retail for the drug which I did/do not).

Now under my wife’s plan, I get a three month supply once a quarter. We pay a $100 copay, which I submit to Abbvie for reimbursement. I then get a check from my wife’s employer for our copay.

I have a couple meds I take daily. My insurance decided one of them, that I’ve been on for 14 years, shouldn’t be taken daily and will only cover a 15 day supply once a month. They never cited a reason. So now I use a discount card to pay for the whole months worth, because with the discount card 15 pills vs 30 pills is the same price.

I have a couple meds I take daily. My insurance decided one of them, that I’ve been on for 14 years, shouldn’t be taken daily and will only cover a 15 day supply once a month. They never cited a reason. So now I use a discount card to pay for the whole months worth, because with the discount card 15 pills vs 30 pills is the same price.
There needs to be some kind of balance between doctors ordering everything and the kitchen sink for you and the insurance companies being like “naw, you don’t need any of it”

Either way, you have it better than me if I ever had to take Humira.

Humira is one of the 150+ or so drugs my pharmacy benefit manager doesn't cover. There is a plan can go on if I need them, but the co-pay would be between $1,000 and $3,000 per dose (it's a monthly injection right if I remember correctly), and I would be required to have a HSA account that I contribute to cover the co-pays.

Back