Political Discussion

TIL Primaries didn’t exist before 1912. It used to be convention to election. The system as we do it started in 1952. How did we break everything so bad?

I would imagine there are literally dozens of potential voters Kamala has lost by proposing an assault weapons ban.

We disagree. The polling all indicates that where she needs to make up ground is white, male voters and it likely has to come from the burbs. When states like GA, PA, VI, AZ and MI are gonna decide the election, it's a dumb tactic.

But honestly, I'm more concerned with all the Lina Khan smoke.

California Gov. Gavin Newsom issued an executive order Thursday directing officials in the state to start removing homeless encampments. The order calls on state officials “to adopt humane and dignified policies to urgently address encampments on state property” — but homeless advocates are expressing concern over the order’s potential impact as thousands of people remain on a waitlist for state-funded housing. California has the largest homeless population in the nation, with more than 180,000 of the estimated 653,000 people experiencing homelessness nationwide residing in the Golden State, according to a 2023 report to Congress from the US Department of Housing and Urban Development.

Man they were still running think pieces on Obama has endorsed Harris pieces this morning with all kinds of wild shit for why. Clear to me from that video they were just figuring out the best photo op. lol.

I'll qualify this with the following:

1.) it's still early and the dust hasn't settled from the seismic shifts in the election.
2.) Trump may still be enjoying a bit of a campaign/assassination attempt bump.

But exactly what literally anyone who closely follows the data and pays close attention to voter attitudes would predict at this moment has happened on the last round of polling since Harris coronation and Trump's convention. Trump is now seen more favorability with voters than he has been since he left office. Harris has climbed, but is still underwater in terms of favorability. Trump still leads in national polling against Harris.

And so he doesn't have to say it again, TLK doesn't agree with the data.

I’m with John Stewart. The media is basically the dog from UP at this point and I’m exhausted from the constant ELECTION will happen one day many years from now rhetoric. I’m also with him that realizing there would be less money in national elections if there wasn’t someone running all the time.

Trump just needs to keep opening his mouth both on TV and social media for people to remember how awful he is. I haven't seen many polls where his favorables increased. The shooting has now been shown to be not politically motivated but rather a sad loner who wanted to make a name for himself. If Biden was closer, he would've tried to shoot Biden. So the idea that "they tried to kill Trump" is pure fiction.

And Kamala still hasn't had a convention to get the bump she should get.

Back