Pop, Pop, Pop Culture - The SDCC August Spin Challenge!

Day 30: I think we can all agree that the Star Wars prequels would have been better in this alternate universe. Play an something that features outtakes / b-sides / alternates.

Preludes - Warren Zevon

Jordan Zevon was cleaning out some of his late father’s storage and found a trove of demo tapes. This is a semi recent compilation of those demo tapes and an interview. Was originally on CD but released first for Record Store Day on vinyl. RIP Warren I never got to see you live, but your music strikes deeply with me.

IMG_8919.jpeg

Day 29: Play something old school.

A Tribe Called Quest - The Low End Theory

20230711_163243-jpg.177516

Day 31: After 4 long days at the con, we always close out the last day with some refreshments. Play something that references beer, or something scary
1000011242.jpg
Beastie Boys "Licensed to Ill"
Much beer was poured out and drank (and mentioned on this record) during the Beasties early days, I unapologetically love this record and all its problematic lyrical content and am glad I got to grow up and watch and hear them grow up over almost 25 years...oh my! Can't wait for the 40th anniversary of this in two years!

This was a fun month! Thanks @iamtheocean for the fun prompts and sharing what looked like so much fun at SDCC over the years!

Day 31:

Zappa – Zappa In New York
1000008218.jpg

"I'm a simple person, you know
I have very small desires in life
Titties 'n beer, you know

No! what?
Titties 'n beer!
No! no man, you're joking...
Titties 'n beer, titties 'n beer, titties 'n beer...
What? no! no please... no! not that! oh no man, no!
Titties 'n beer, titties 'n beer, titties 'n beer...
No! no! no! no! no! not titties 'n beer!
Oh i can't stand titties 'n beer!...
Titties 'n beer, titties 'n beer, titties 'n beer..."

Back