Pop, Pop, Pop Culture - The SDCC August Spin Challenge!

It really is. The fact it had a pedestrian title, a cheesy kinda B-movie poster/cover and it was directed by Michael Mann of Miami Vice fame led to it being sorely overlooked.

It almost feels English with its slow burn and long shots. In line with stuff like the original Get Carter or The Wicker Man. I've watched it more times than The Silence of the Lambs. Although, not since the early oughts. Mann's filmography may be spotty, but he really nailed it with Manhunter and with  Heat.

It almost feels English with its slow burn and long shots. In line with stuff like the original Get Carter or The Wicker Man. I've watched it more times than The Silence of the Lambs. Although, not since the early oughts. Mann's filmography may be spotty, but he really nailed it with Manhunter and with  Heat.

This scene is scintillating perfection...

Day 28: Showing off with this one. My oldest made this puppet a number of years ago - Its Garfield the Deals Warlock from Fantasy Costco (from the Adventure Zone Podcast), accented with a Linda Belcher 'Boob Police' hat purchased at the con. Play something that you got as a great deal.

1970 - Creedence Clearwater Revival

This set has both Cosmos Factory and Pendulum on it. I paid $3 at a thrift store for this and the sound is fantastic!

1724865184022.png

Day 25: Tarantino movies are known for their song choices being iconic. Play a song thats closely associated with a Movie / Movie Scene.

Brian Eno - Another Green World
IMG_8792.jpeg
“The Big Ship” was used effectively during the climax of two separate 2015 movies, Me, Earl, and The Dying Girl, and The End Of The Tour respectively.

Back