Pre-Order Thread

1651369743453.png

Haha! Last night I culled mine from 26 to 7 (with 19 now sitting in my favorites folder on their site). Always hard to pull the trigger though, looking for just the right balance of number of records, shipping cost, selections, etc., when they add so much stuff every day.
Well I held off for a couple days.... but I lack discipline. Gonna be fun box to open!

View attachment 137513

November D2C and March in shops. At this rate, we will never be caught up.

Oh, yeah it is! What kind of stuff did you buy? Lately I've been focusing mostly on jazz.
I've been on a Santana and Little Feat kick lately, but was having a hard time finding copies of a lot of them in good shape. And for some I wanted first pressings and not the new ones (I'd go for the Mofi Santana's, but holy shit those are insane on the secondary market). So I picked up 19 original Japanese press Santana albums in Excellent/Excellent condition and one Little Feat promo copy, for $260 shipped.

I've been on a Santana and Little Feat kick lately, but was having a hard time finding copies of a lot of them in good shape. And for some I wanted first pressings and not the new ones (I'd go for the Mofi Santana's, but holy shit those are insane on the secondary market). So I picked up 19 original Japanese press Santana albums in Excellent/Excellent condition and one Little Feat promo copy, for $260 shipped.

I've been contemplating upgrading my (great sounding) $2 copy of Caravanserai to the Speakers Corner release for the past month or two.

Awesome. I have a couple of MoFi Little Feat titles. Their self-titled album is relatively affordable on discogs ($60 shipped) and worth it just to hear Willing, which somehow manages to be one of those absolute marvels of recorded sound.

(I didn't even know there were 19 Santana albums!)

Awesome. I have a couple of MoFi Little Feat titles. Their self-titled album is relatively affordable on discogs ($60 shipped) and worth it just to hear Willing, which somehow manages to be one of those absolute marvels of recorded sound.

(I didn't even know there were 19 Santana albums!)

The various incarnations of the band have put out 26 studio albums. He's got a bunch of solo ones and various live and other rare ones too. Almost been doing it for 60 years.

For those Beach Boys fans out there (like myself) Sounds of Summer is getting a big expansion, up for pre-order on uDiscoverMusic.

For those Beach Boys fans out there (like myself) Sounds of Summer is getting a big expansion, up for pre-order on uDiscoverMusic.

I am a huge Beach Boys fan but after the terrible reviews for the Feel Flows set I am gonna sit tight until some reviews come through.

Back