Pre-Order Thread

"additional vinyl options" - i guess there's a wide press planned then? Perfect.
Exactly and I’m betting the color and changes to the cover were enough for VMP to relax on their exclusivity. Also imagine it’s the main reason they announced early, because FOMO is their actual stock in trade. @Joe Mac you need to know this stuff!

Exactly and I’m betting the color and changes to the cover were enough for VMP to relax on their exclusivity. Also imagine it’s the main reason they announced early, because FOMO is their actual stock in trade. @Joe Mac you need to know this stuff!

Oh I know this stuff and I know fomo is their stock in trade. I’m happy enough to sign up for three months for this (I like the colourway) and Aretha and catch up on a few classics. I treat them as an online shop now, if they have something I want I’ll buy it from them but I have no loyalty to them or their curation.

Oh I know this stuff and I know fomo is their stock in trade. I’m happy enough to sign up for three months for this (I like the colourway) and Aretha and catch up on a few classics. I treat them as an online shop now, if they have something I want I’ll buy it from them but I have no loyalty to them or their curation.
Just making sure you know cause I know this was a record you wanted enough to join back.

Just making sure you know cause I know this was a record you wanted enough to join back.

Oh yeah it was and it is so I have. They have a few other things knocking about that I’m happy enough to pick up too. They way I look at it is that they are dicks and the whole fomo culture thy propagate is a joke. That said they release records I want and they aren’t as evil as amazon (who I still occasionally buy from) so I’m not going to cut my nose off to spite my face either!

Oh yeah it was and it is so I have. They have a few other things knocking about that I’m happy enough to pick up too. They way I look at it is that they are dicks and the whole fomo culture thy propagate is a joke. That said they release records I want and they aren’t as evil as amazon (who I still occasionally buy from) so I’m not going to cut my nose off to spite my face either!
It’s all good. Everyone has their own personal line. I’m not gonna judge anyone for the choices they make in these matters nor think I should.

I swapped for Angel Olsen, it's Jajaguar and I just KNOW it's going to be a disaster of a pressing. It's gunna be. No chance it isn't. But... what if somehow it's actually A GOOD pressing? What if? I should drop it. It's not gunna be good...

But mayyybe...

The thing with Jagjaguar, Dead Oceans etc is that it’s got a high probability of being a junk pressing no matter where you buy it from. I’ve shot them an e-mail trying to swap for that too because the list price is a joke but $23 is less that I’d pay for the clear indie version anywhere over here.

The thing with Jagjaguar, Dead Oceans etc is that it’s got a high probability of being a junk pressing no matter where you buy it from. I’ve shot them an e-mail trying to swap for that too because the list price is a joke but $23 is less that I’d pay for the clear indie version anywhere over here.
Yeah I mean that's the same for me. $30 CAD is always a steal for most of the exclusives especially a 2 LP so it's worth a shot I suppose, but I just know it's gunna suck.

My Pallas pressing sounds fantastic. I imagine this one will be comparable, at the very least. The other two recent Nirvana live reissues (Paramount and L&L) sound AMAZING! If it's an album you want a good pressing of, you won't be disappointed.
☝️Seconded. Though I own a shitty back in black reissue, this was an easy purchase for me. Also, while I am at it GZ gets more shit than it deserves for it’s size. That put out A LOT of records and dare I say most are fine. They are like the Toyota of record pressers. They it might not be a Ferrari but they’ll get ya where ya need to go (most of the time).

☝Seconded. Though I own a shitty back in black reissue, this was an easy purchase for me. Also, while I am at it GZ gets more shit than it deserves for it’s size. That put out A LOT of records and dare I say most are fine. They are like the Toyota of record pressers. They it might not be a Ferrari but they’ll get ya where ya need to go (most of the time).
not comparable to a toyota more like a used ford from a shady car sales man.

not comparable to a toyota more like a used ford from a shady car sales man.
But not really, I mean lots of us had had bum pressing from them but overall much more decent to good than fucking awful and like everyone I would 100% Prefer one of the more reliable pressing plants my point is that they do a shit ton of record’s compared to most of the more reputable plants while I would never say they were as good as Like Pallas they are also not nearly as terrible as we like to make them out to be. They are an easy target.

Reactions: oak
But not really, I mean lots of us had had bum pressing from them but overall much more decent to good than fucking awful and like everyone I would 100% Prefer one of the more reliable pressing plants my point is that they do a shit ton of record’s compared to most of the more reputable plants while I would never say they were as good as Like Pallas they are also not nearly as terrible as we like to make them out to be. They are an easy target.
they are an easy target and really that's on them. I disagree with you actually, while their pressings are okay more often than not from a sound standpoint, most of my records come warped these days and more often then not they came from GZ. They are one hundred percent what is wrong with vinyl these days. They sure do spit out a lot of vinyl, but qc is basically non-existent and accountability is so low that there are retailers actually blaming their customers or making ludicrous statements like a warp can be fixed with your thumb or asking that the purchaser vet their warp with a nickel before sending in a video. Flat should be non-negotiable.

I've never had a bad or even mediocre GZ experience. They press a fuckload of records though, so its ultimately a crapshoot whether or not you get a warp or a bad pressing in general.
There is some truth to this. There is also awareness. I run a clamp and a weight. I'm actually getting at eye level to check the flatness of my records. 90% of new records I get have a warp of some sort. Only 10% of those are fixable by the weight. Most require the clamp. I color code my records so I don't have to go through this every listen just on the first time. I shouldn't need $100 worth of aftermarket crap to make my records safe to play.

And as @duke86fan can tell you, if you get away from felt, cork or leather mats, it's astounding how many records you thought were flat aren't. People shouldn't have to spend hundreds on devices to fix something that shouldn't be making it out of the plant. Yet they are. There is a bit of luck to it, but @Mather can't really be that unlucky.

Back