Pre-Order Thread

Nope, $5 shipping. I didn’t realize Amazon UK had it too.
In general, for EU/UK imports I'll always check AmazonUK vs. AmazonUS. I don't see the Mark Hollis on AmazonUS right now; but, for example, take the recent Prefab Sprout reissues (out in UK, not till 4Oct for US). The 2xLP Jordan is like 38(+tax) on AmazonUS but about 26shipped from AmazonUK. It just makes sense to get the AmazonUK. Pro tip: if it comes damaged Amazon is usually awesome with its return/replace policy. However, AmazonUK maxes out what they'll give you back for return shipping at like, what, $8 or something. I just get on live chat with their CS and tell them that there is no way I can get it shipped back at that price. They send me a new one with no need to send back the damaged one.

So apparently Fat Beats is reissuing the Samurai Champloo soundtrack. I got the email at 7 am, but it's already sold out. Anybody manage to get one?

So apparently Fat Beats is reissuing the Samurai Champloo soundtrack. I got the email at 7 am, but it's already sold out. Anybody manage to get one?

Nope. And weird thing for me is this is the first I've heard of this. I got an email from Fat Beats yesterday at 7PM EST about a TiRon and Ayomari record, but never got an email about Samurai Champloo. Let's hope it reads "sold out" but is still forthcoming.

I saw it posted on Reddit yesterday. Looks to be apart of the same shadow quasi unofficial reissue campaign that have been going on. Small batch exclusives colored presses to bigger online retailers. If you are wanting a copy your best bet is probably obsessively checking Reddit. I was lucky enough to get an orange copy and I can confirm, while the packaging is less than stellar the albums themselves sound pretty great.

In general, for EU/UK imports I'll always check AmazonUK vs. AmazonUS. I don't see the Mark Hollis on AmazonUS right now; but, for example, take the recent Prefab Sprout reissues (out in UK, not till 4Oct for US). The 2xLP Jordan is like 38(+tax) on AmazonUS but about 26shipped from AmazonUK. It just makes sense to get the AmazonUK. Pro tip: if it comes damaged Amazon is usually awesome with its return/replace policy. However, AmazonUK maxes out what they'll give you back for return shipping at like, what, $8 or something. I just get on live chat with their CS and tell them that there is no way I can get it shipped back at that price. They send me a new one with no need to send back the damaged one.
I like using amazon UK, and often they are cheaper than the US site. I’m anxiously awaiting Jordan The Comeback and the new Elbow records as we speak. Thankfully I’ve never had any issues with what I’ve received from them.

Hefner fans. Reissue of The Fidelity Wars by Rough Trade. Love this album so much. This has been an incredible fall for me with reissues: Stereolab records, Catherine Wheel, now this Hefner record. Very grateful to the vinyl gods (and Rough Trade in this instance) and I hope they enjoy my money.

Hefner fans. Reissue of The Fidelity Wars by Rough Trade. Love this album so much. This has been an incredible fall for me with reissues: Stereolab records, Catherine Wheel, now this Hefner record. Very grateful to the vinyl gods (and Rough Trade in this instance) and I hope they enjoy my money.

Nice! I got the Breaking God's Heart reissue recently. I'm with you on all those reissues-- for Catherine Wheel are you talking about Adam and Eve? I love their first two albums but kind of lost it with Happy Days and I've never really checked out Adam and Eve before.

Welp, Olafur Arnalds announced yet ANOTHER version of Re:member. This time deluxe.

Feeling pretty salty about this one, and maybe that's my fault for buying into the RSD "exclusive" earlier this year (if only for the 7" of string quartets). The 6 versions of alternate artwork already seemed to be grasping—though I didn't feel compelled to pursue any more than one. Now, the 7" content is included on an even further expanded album with live variations and rearrangements.

EDIT: To be clear, I'm not mad at Olafur. I'm frustrated with RSD and with Mercury.

Nice! I got the Breaking God's Heart reissue recently. I'm with you on all those reissues-- for Catherine Wheel are you talking about Adam and Eve? I love their first two albums but kind of lost it with Happy Days and I've never really checked out Adam and Eve before.

Yes, Adam and Eve. I love Chrome and Ferment - then Happy Days is OK - but Adam and Eve is just incredible, start to finish. I think people who prefer the serious edge, vigor and intensity of Chrome and Ferment find something lacking in the more lush orchestration of Adam and Eve, but I love all three of those albums for different reasons, and Adam and Eve takes the cake for me. It's not on streaming services, so I was elated to finally own it on wax.

Glad to see a label other than Bludhoney is reissuing it, since they've gone off the grid after that Viper fiasco.
Also looks like this will be a new master, judging by the description, along with an unreleased track being added to the wax.

btw, for anyone interested, these are the variants.

1500 copies on Standard Black
View attachment 18633
250 copies on this
View attachment 18634
100 copies on this (sold out now. I just bought my copy of it like 3 minutes ago holy shit)
View attachment 18635

and 100 more copies on band-exclusive clear.

In case you've never listened to Merz, he makes very nice easy-listening music:

I clicked play on the youtube link. I would love for someone who enjoys this album to give some insight into why, and what's going on here. I am so confused by this, and I have no idea if it's considered one long song, or are there are actually multiple songs? I'm guessing there are technical aspects that others might be able to elucidate. Is this a type of music that multiple artists create and it's a genre? Or, is this a singular thing?

I clicked play on the youtube link. I would love for someone who enjoys this album to give some insight into why, and what's going on here. I am so confused by this, and I have no idea if it's considered one long song, or are there are actually multiple songs? I'm guessing there are technical aspects that others might be able to elucidate. Is this a type of music that multiple artists create and it's a genre? Or, is this a singular thing?
It's not my cup of tea personally but basically Merzbow is Noise/Electronic/Metal. I think of it as similar to Ambient Music but in the extreme. It's loud and abrasive but as you listen you find faint moment of melody and repetition.

Last edited:
Jimi Hendrix Songs for Groovy Children, The Fillmore East Concerts (8xLP or 5xCD):

Edit: Mastered by Bernie Grundman 👍

Last edited:
HYPETRAIN

Chromatics - Closer To Grey
Chromatics.jpg

no physical releases yet...

Back