Restocks/Represses

Is the 2016 Reprise re-issue of Neil Young's On The Beach any good?

• Manufacturer ‏ : ‎ Reprise
  • Item model number ‏ : ‎ 48497
  • Original Release Date ‏ : ‎ 2016
  • Date First Available ‏ : ‎ July 22, 2016
  • Label ‏ : ‎ Reprise
  • ASIN ‏ : ‎ B01HTPPLW0
I need to start getting more Neil into my vinyl collection...

Yes, all the Neil Young reissues are fantastic, highly recommended.

Purchase away, this one is great.

Yes, Chris Bellman cut the Neil reissues all analog from the original master tapes (which are in great shape) and they stack up well against the original 70's Neil pressings. Neil did record a few albums digitally in later years, and though recorded analog in the early 70's I think Massey Hall may have been transferred to hi-rez digital before the vinyl was cut, but all of the early analog studio albums are superb. I have EKTIN, ATGR, Harvest, TFA, TNT, OTB, Zuma, ASNB, RNS, LR, H&D are they are outstanding.

EKTIN is sibilant, but you hear the sibilance in the original CD and the original U.S. pressing. It's on the tape.

Yes, Chris Bellman cut the Neil reissues all analog from the original master tapes (which are in great shape) and they stack up well against the original 70's Neil pressings. Neil did record a few albums digitally in later years, and though recorded analog in the early 70's I think Massey Hall may have been transferred to hi-rez digital before the vinyl was cut, but all of the early analog studio albums are superb. I have EKTIN, ATGR, Harvest, TFA, TNT, OTB, Zuma, ASNB, RNS, LR, H&D are they are outstanding.

EKTIN is sibilant, but you hear the sibilance in the original CD and the original U.S. pressing. It's on the tape.
Now this guy Neil’s.

Yep, got that sickness. There are other artists also well-represented in the collection. I'm thinking about developing a serious blow problem to replace the record collecting. The coke problem would be cheaper. Also, a blow problem would be easier to hide from my wife as I don't think a coke dealer would be delivering to my mailbox in 12" x 12" mailers 2 or 3 times per week.

Yep, got that sickness. There are other artists also well-represented in the collection. I'm thinking about developing a serious blow problem to replace the record collecting. The coke problem would be cheaper. Also, a blow problem would be easier to hide from my wife as I don't think a coke dealer would be delivering to my mailbox in 12" x 12" mailers 2 or 3 times per week.
Yeah but if you developed a coke problem, you’d then have to start buying reel-to-reel tapes, which are even more expensive.

1726707725994.gif

Back