Restocks/Represses

Considering they are all arms of the same monster, my luck with ImportCDs has been so much better than Deep Discount.

Price wise, get import cds on eBay is the best of the lot, especially with the 20% off $65 deal. But they don't seem to have the full catalog that the PM and DD websites have

I've had some bad experiences on Ebay. Try dealing with their customer service. I've asked for replacements on damaged items and gotten refunds instead, only to watch them immediately raise the prices on listings, so I can'teven repurchase it. The same person is never responding to you. Other times, they'll send return labels and you have to remind them to refund you. They have deals, but if there's any problem, you're kind of fucked.

I imagine you all keep that post office in business over there!
Lol - we thought the same thing. We're going to spend between $400k-500k this year on USPS postage. The more we grow, the more that post office has grown to loathe us. They're at the point now where they'll only pick up once a day. They say they'll pick up at 3 p.m., but it's usually around 10-12 a.m. On days when we have more than one truck load they make us wait until the next day, they won't even let us drop boxes off at their dock anymore. It's a shit show haha. Postmaster won't answer my emails or return my calls or set up a meeting with me. I'm going to have to go over them to management in downtown Cincy, but it's just been hard to find the time with everything else going on.

Considering they are all arms of the same monster, my luck with ImportCDs has been so much better than Deep Discount.
Yeah, the pricing is weird between them all too. Sometimes you can get the the same record, likely shipped from the same warehouse in Kentucky, for like a $15 or $20 difference n price. Also sometimes they will be listed as OOS At on shop but readily available at the other.

The Mellon Collie restock is popping up. It's at Deep Discount right now.

Use PLUNGE for 10% off. I checked out so fast, I didn't use the code. Didn't want to miss out.
When is Plaidroom getting copies in?

Deep Discount is known to oversell and cancel on people, frequently.
Welp, tried to order and got this message:
C8F6BC1D-EA5A-4FEF-9640-3082238C8CD5.jpeg

Hopefully i’ll be able to procure one from @Plaid Room / Colemine, i’ve got my SMS and email notifications all set

Our copies haven't shipped yet, we had to pre-pay due to the size of the order (struggles of maintaining your own inventory versus drop-shipping). Waiting for the check to deliver. I Priority Mail expressed it, but at this point I'm pretty sure our local post office adds 3 days to every one of our shipments just cause they hate us :ROFLMAO: I'm hoping the check clears early next week and we receive stock before next week is over.
I can confirm they do it on the way out too. Funny my mailman seems to love me and is genuinely interested in the fact that I have to have a collection the size I do.

I can confirm they do it on the way out too. Funny my mailman seems to love me and is genuinely interested in the fact that I have to have a collection the size I do.
My mailman likes me a lot too. He’s an older guy who has a little record collection of his own and loves The Clash. So we always talk about records and any time there’s a record delivery, he rings the doorbell and leaves it in the shade for me

My mailman likes me a lot too. He’s an older guy who has a little record collection of his own and loves The Clash. So we always talk about records and any time there’s a record delivery, he rings the doorbell and leaves it in the shade for me

I miss my old mailman. We had him for years, but he finally took a route closer to his home.

I gave him a Sister Gertrude Morgan record once and he brought me an Art Pepper album the next day. One of the last times I saw him, he'd recently gotten back from a cross country record buying road trip with a friend. He had a story about finding some old thrift store where the owner had a secret stash of vinyl they got to dig through and he found some jazz album he'd been looking for forever. He'd always put my mail in a cooler I put out front to protect them.

I went to the post office last week, because things were getting weird and not being delivered. They told me they were understaffed and that we don't really even have a carrier at all. They didn't deliver my stuff, because they had nobody to deliver it. They have to get other routes to do it or something. I went home with a stack of boxes. That night, my mail arrived after 9pm.

Last edited:
The Mellon Collie restock is popping up. It's at Deep Discount right now.
I received shipping notifications this afternoon for Siamese Dream from PopMarket and Mellon Collie (with 10% coupon) from Deep Discount. I was fully prepared for at least the Mellon Collie to get canceled, but I’m happy to have been wrong about that. Hopefully everyone else who got an order in gets fulfilled as well.

Back