Restocks/Represses

Our Smashing Pumpkins restock may have fallen through, fyi! Even though I pre-paid 😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐. We'll have a small amount of Mellon Collie, still waiting to hear how many. Sorry to let some folks down. I'll be sure to limit the stock we do have to 1 per customer to try to spread around.

I had so many folks ask for a pre-pay or reservations on this one. It's unfortunate that this is the exact reason I don't do that. In today's world, even when you pre-pay and write a big ol' check, it doesn't guarantee you stock. I'll do my best though to keep it on my backorder list and hopefully they'll get some more stock soon!

Cheers,
Bob
What a bummer for you guys! Meanwhile I’ve seen that some big box stores already shipped theirs.

Can’t help but feel like local retailers are getting shorted on these bigger releases, my local has been suspiciously getting less and less of these highly anticipated releases (Nirvana 30th comes to mind) where it seems like Amazon, Walmart, Target, B&N, etc. get a ton. They aren’t too happy about it.

What a bummer for you guys! Meanwhile I’ve seen that some big box stores already shipped theirs.

Can’t help but feel like local retailers are getting shorted on these bigger releases, my local has been suspiciously getting less and less of these highly anticipated releases (Nirvana 30th comes to mind) where it seems like Amazon, Walmart, Target, B&N, etc. get a ton. They aren’t too happy about it.
Yeah, there's definitely a lot of logistics that go on behind that scenes that are pretty hard to understand. A few things come to mind:

1) I've ordered 3,500 copies of Mellon Collie since the last repressing, but my current open backorders for it are only 700 copies. It's incredibly hard for me as a single person making all of the orders to keep up with backorders. Different distributors and different suppliers have different backorder terms. Some are 30 days, some are 90 days, some are infinite. The distributor for Mellon Collie works on 90 day backorders, so it's up to me to make sure my backorders are current every 90 days.

2) Walmart, Target, B&N, Best Buy - I can guarantee most of those orders aren't actually fulfilled in house. None of those big box companies (with maybe the exception being Amazon) have staff/robots on hand packing boxes. They're fulfilled via a 3PL basically. AEC in KY is the big one. AEC is honestly an incredible company with crazy infrastructure. They have a team of folks making sure their backorders are current. So when a repress of something like this comes in, their orders are always going to be the first to fill because they've been monitoring it and they likely have thousands and thousands on backorder. So maybe they'll get 10-20% of their current backorders, but that might be 500 copies for them where 10-20% for me ends up being 100 copies. It's usually "fair" as far as allocations go, but on the surface it might not seem like it because your local store that only had 5 copies on backorder gets 1 copy.

A lot of it comes down to me - and I won't blame this industry or anything like that - I should have had more on backorder and I should have kept up with my backorders more diligently to make sure that I got more than the 100-300 copies I'll be getting.

Heads up for folks, it looks like Charli XCX is repressing three pricy to stupid pricy titles: True Romance, Sucker, and maybe Vroom Vroom - all three have popped up on a Hungarian site and a twitter verification of the first two is out there.

(Edit: In true Slowpoke fashion...SUCKER is a banger of an album huh?)

Last edited:
Don’t imagine this will last long.

Hurry!

Sleep through the static by Jack Johnson had a small amount pop up on Jack Johnson’s website today…maybe a wider restock is incoming?

It went before I saw it but Jack Johnson’s Sleep Through the Static was very briefly on his website. Maybe a repress?
Years and years we've been waiting.....We are almost there people!!!! I have abstained from a stupid price tag on this one, as I'm sure we all have for so long!! THERE IS HOPE!!!

We be jinxing too. You're too good at this.

qd.gif

restocked but $120 + shipping. yeesh.
For the pressing plant nerds out there, Plaidroom said this new Mellon Collie boxset arrived in boxes from the Furnace pressing plant.

So this new one wasn't pressed at Pallas like the 2014 reissue. I don't have a lot of experience with Furnace, so no clue if their QC is shit. Least it isn't URP like Kid Amnesia.

For the pressing plant nerds out there, Plaidroom said this new Mellon Collie boxset arrived in boxes from the Furnace pressing plant.

So this new one wasn't pressed at Pallas like the 2014 reissue. I don't have a lot of experience with Furnace, so no clue if their QC is shit. Least it isn't URP like Kid Amnesia.
I quite like Furnace from what I recall. They did the VMP version of Ambrose Akinmusire's On The Tender Spot... and Immanuel Wilkins Omega

I have a few Furnace pressings and thought they did a nice job. They did the recent ORG reissue of Bad Brains debut.

I quite like Furnace from what I recall. They did the VMP version of Ambrose Akinmusire's On The Tender Spot... and Immanuel Wilkins Omega

I have a few Furnace pressings and thought they did a nice job. They did the recent ORG reissue of Bad Brains debut.
Good to hear. I think Furnace did a lot of the Metallica Blackened reissues and those seem to get favorable reviews.

Back