Television

Wasn't that kind of her character though? I found her, initially, grating too but I thought that was one of the points of her. That is, until you figure out (early on) how much of an unlikeable character Will Forte is. Then again, he grows on you too and I found myself rooting for him even in his selfishness and self-serving schemes.

It totally is the point of her character and I appreciate it a lot more on the rewatch. Maybe she's just too good at playing annoying and I bought in lol, but really I think I was just more on board with all the other characters and actors I'd seen in things on the initial watch.

I was rooting for our boy Tandy too, Forte is such a loveable actor I forgive a lot of the dumb stuff his character does in the show.

I've been binging on The West Wing over the past couple weeks, finally getting to season 7. (wasn't a huge fan of these later seasons - and season 6 is a slog to get through after 5 really good seasons...not a Jimmy Smits fan)

It's really odd seeing the same things being discussed 20 years ago that are still an issue today.

Really loved the Season 4 premiere of Only Murders. One of their best episodes so far.
Love this show so much. Agreed this was a great opening episode. Can't wait to see where this season goes.

I have theories, but they are prob way off.

Disappointed that they didn't drop 2 eps this week like they usually do. I'm impatient.

A solid list:
Been chewing on this list in the back of my mind for a bit, and I kinda don't know how I'd put something like that together; all of these choices are great episodes of tv, that goes without saying. But I think there's a severe limitation in distilling every show to a single episode on the list; you end up with the buzziest episode rather than maybe the best crafted one. The crank in me wants to list five episodes of Mad Men that are better than The Suitcase, or five better Breaking Bads than Ozymandias. Heck, I understand College represents a tv protagonist crossing a line we'd never seen one cross before, but there are several better, more representative Sopranos episodes and I'm not even talking about Pine Barrens.

I wonder: if you expanded the list length some and didn't restrict the number of episodes a show could have placed on the list, which show might have the most worthy entries? My vote goes to Mad Men or Sopranos. And like twenty Simpsons eps.

Been chewing on this list in the back of my mind for a bit, and I kinda don't know how I'd put something like that together; all of these choices are great episodes of tv, that goes without saying. But I think there's a severe limitation in distilling every show to a single episode on the list; you end up with the buzziest episode rather than maybe the best crafted one. The crank in me wants to list five episodes of Mad Men that are better than The Suitcase, or five better Breaking Bads than Ozymandias. Heck, I understand College represents a tv protagonist crossing a line we'd never seen one cross before, but there are several better, more representative Sopranos episodes and I'm not even talking about Pine Barrens.

I wonder: if you expanded the list length some and didn't restrict the number of episodes a show could have placed on the list, which show might have the most worthy entries? My vote goes to Mad Men or Sopranos. And like twenty Simpsons eps.
Yeah, a best episodes list is a different beast entirely than a best series list obviously there is a ton of crossover. I think choosing an episode that is representative is important but also an episode that is super entertaining as a self contained 30 or 60 minutes is important too.

To me the biggest miss was the pilot episode of The Walking Dead. I don’t think the show ever did anything that well again but as a standalone episode it was nearly perfect.

Yeah, a best episodes list is a different beast entirely than a best series list obviously there is a ton of crossover. I think choosing an episode that is representative is important but also an episode that is super entertaining as a self contained 30 or 60 minutes is important too.

To me the biggest miss was the pilot episode of The Walking Dead. I don’t think the show ever did anything that well again but as a standalone episode it was nearly perfect.
You nailed my issue: this feels like this was approached like a best series list via the most famous episode of each series.

Back