Television

I see it's already been discussed but watched ep 1 of the bear season 3....what an oddly done episode (in a good way). It was very light on story on the surface but definitely did a lot of lightening of the shadows from the past and creating a foundation for the coming season. I don't think I've seen an episode of television delivered in quite that way. Maybe there is but it felt fresh and its own thing. Cool episode.
The music was by Trent Reznor / Atticus Ross! So good.

Also, I keep having to process stuff about my own dysfunctional family and upbringing while watching this show. The way little bad moments are floating up to surface for him, not as full flashbacks but more like intrusive thoughts, hits a little too close to home. "Fishes" from last season had way too many little moments that I could relate to directly...
Some friends of mine absolutely HATED the Fishes episode. For me, it was mind blowing as it hit me so hard from multiple perspectives - as a child, and also as a parent / holiday host who does not let anyone else help cook, but I want perfection. (No, I'm not as crazy as DD 😂 )

Some friends of mine absolutely HATED the Fishes episode. For me, it was mind blowing as it hit me so hard from multiple perspectives - as a child, and also as a parent / holiday host who does not let anyone else help cook, but I want perfection. (No, I'm not as crazy as DD 😂 )
My single mother is basically a slightly more tempered version of Donna. For Good & Bad, I find the family dynamic on The Bear infinitely relatable.

Back