The football thread RenegadeMonster is looking for: NFL talk

Maybe the Lions take Stroud in this upcoming draft and we'll have OSU QB vs OSU QB for several years.
Well, Rodgers looks like he is finished and I would imagine The Packers will run out of luck at QB for at least a few years. So the North crown should be up for grabs for the next few years. If The Bears don't take then hopefully Detroit will.

That catch by Justin Jefferson is one of the all time great plays in regular season NFL history, given the situation. Better than the Odell Beckham Jr. catch that has been referenced ad nauseum in the years since, especially since MIN actually won their game.

On 4th & 18, he outmuscled the DB for the ball while airborne with one less arm and upside down with poor leverage. Still landed flat on his back and kept the ball from contacting the ground.

That catch by Justin Jefferson is one of the all time great plays in regular season NFL history, given the situation. Better than the Odell Beckham Jr. catch that has been referenced ad nauseum in the years since, especially since MIN actually won their game.

On 4th & 18, he outmuscled the DB for the ball while airborne with one less arm and upside down with poor leverage. Still landed flat on his back and kept the ball from contacting the ground.

Agreed. I thought this was the catch of the year and also arguably the most clutch catch of the year. Another great catch from this year is this gem by Pickens

You know, for all of the money and offseason hype spent, it has amounted for the AFC West to be the same as we've known it for the past five years (through 11 weeks).

KC is still far and away the class of the division. Probably best team in the league.
LAC is still chargering. Their blue-chip players cannot stay healthy.
LV is still a perennial underachieving disappointment. Team DVOA has regressed to worst in the league.
DEN is still a QB away. Their future looks more bleak than ever.

Am I missing something here?

You know, for all of the money and offseason hype spent, it has amounted for the AFC West to be the same as we've known it for the past five years (through 11 weeks).

KC is still far and away the class of the division. Probably best team in the league.
LAC is still chargering. Their blue-chip players cannot stay healthy.
LV is still a perennial underachieving disappointment. Team DVOA has regressed to worst in the league.
DEN is still a QB away. Their future looks more bleak than ever.

Am I missing something here?
Nope that about sums it up

Ok, I'll do the NFC North
Vikings - Maybe yesterday proved they are not quite as good as their record. Take away JJ and deep balls and they seemed pedestrian. Then again, every team has a game that they 'throw out the tape.'
Lions - Hey, three wins in a row has been a rare thing this century. But right now the young players are contributing; I think next year is when we'll see what they are all about. Not sure Goff is the long term solution...they have the Rams 1st and their own next year, that might be when the draft his replacement.
Packers - It seems it's all questions with them Is Rodgers done or is it a lack of weapons thing? Will Rodgers outlast LaFleur? Will Love ever play?
Bears - I think they are better than their record, and Fields is the guy the rest of the North (and league?) will be envious of.

I'm kind of hoping Fields is healthy next week, and Rodgers out so we can get to see the Love vs Fields match-up that we may see a lot of in the future.

I'm kind of hoping Fields is healthy next week, and Rodgers out so we can get to see the Love vs Fields match-up that we may see a lot of in the future.
You think Love is “The Guy”?

I think Fields plays next week (he almost played against The Jets). The Bears Defense is absolutely terrible right now, they made Mike White look like an All-Pro. Personally, I don’t see Love developing into an elite talent but The Bears D should be a fairly easy test to start off the Love era in Green Bay.

I need "Right up yours, Tennessee" on a t-shirt ASAP.

Heating up at the right time with 5 W's in the last 6. OL is playing better during the last three games. Tee Higgins proving that he would be a WR1 on half the teams in the league. Defense making adjustments and locking down in the second half of games.

More dynamic rushing attack would be something to fix in this final stretch.

Mike White
*shudders*

don't...speak...that...name

Heating up at the right time with 5 W's in the last 6. OL is playing better during the last three games. Tee Higgins proving that he would be a WR1 on half the teams in the league. Defense making adjustments and locking down in the second half of games.

More dynamic rushing attack would be something to fix in this final stretch.

*shudders*

don't...speak...that...name
Oh right, I forgot about THAT game 😬

You think Love is “The Guy”?

I think Fields plays next week (he almost played against The Jets). The Bears Defense is absolutely terrible right now, they made Mike White look like an All-Pro. Personally, I don’t see Love developing into an elite talent but The Bears D should be a fairly easy test to start off the Love era in Green Bay.
No way to know yet, but was fun seeing him in last night. At this point, I'd love to see him finish up the season so we have a better look.

Back