The football thread RenegadeMonster is looking for: NFL talk

I am fairly certain the Lions will beat The Bears at least once this season. I personally think The Lions are really close to being really good. If they can get one of the top tier QBs in next years draft, things could really start cooking for them.
I've lost my ability to get optimistic...I really have. I'm a fan for life, but I'm not nearly as passionate and/or upset as I used to be.
I see another three win season, tops. I thought this team would be better than the QuinTricia era but they (the Homes/Campbell duo) actually have less wins at this point in their tenure . And seeing things like NE shutting out the Lions and getting stomped by Chicago...it's so on point.

I look at the quick turnarounds of NYG, Jets, Chicago, it's just never their turn to be the team to surprise anyone. Let's go Red Wings! That's the most recent and probably next championship for the city.

I realize my Lions rants here may make it sound like I am indeed passionate about them, but all I can say is, ya shoulda seen me a few years ago. I think once I hit 50, most sports outcomes rank low on stuff that bums me out or stresses me out.

Another tough loss, but I gotta admit, I'm starting to feel much better about this rebuild :)

Passing: 17 / 26 for 123 yards 3 touchdowns.............and 178 yards rushing, one 61 yd rushing TD. His rushing today set a new NFL record. They're finally starting to play to his strengths.
1667771792795.png

Another tough loss, but I gotta admit, I'm starting to feel much better about this rebuild :)

Passing: 17 / 26 for 123 yards 3 touchdowns.............and 178 yards rushing, one 61 yd rushing TD. His rushing today set a new NFL record. They're finally starting to play to his strengths.
View attachment 156513
Yup. this is the way I hoped the season would progress. Hopefully we can end up with a top 5 pick this year and compete for the division next year. The best part is The Packers keep losing too.

A LOT of people around here wanted Fields over Sewell in that draft. Looks like the Bears might finally have their QB.
Lord willing. Lots of growth still needed to become a franchise QB but he has tools and mindset. Hopefully he continues to develop and we can take over The North for the next 10 years.

View attachment 156513
As a Dolphins fan, y’all scared the shit out of me today. Fields has looked like the best QB in that class the last few weeks

Back