The football thread RenegadeMonster is looking for: NFL talk

I actually am going to enjoy that I don't have anyone to hate this year. I can sit and hopefully enjoy a good game. Stafford is from Dallas so him getting a ring, especially after living through the utter hell of being a longtime QB for Detroit, would be nice. But I like Burrow a lot as well. So if the Bengals win, great.

The only Skyline Chili in Akron closed early today because THEY RAN OUT OF FOOD.

So no Cheese Coneys for me tonight, but plenty of other snacks to stress eat.

Real talk though, if the Bengals don't pull it out I'll be extremely happy that my boy Andrew Whitworth gets a ring. The dude is nothing but class and should be a Hall of Famer once he hangs em up.

Screenshot for referencing later.

View attachment 128774
It’s weird to me how the narrative going into the was that The Rams were unstoppable juggernauts and the Bengals are lucky to even be allowed in the building. LA has played well but so have the Bengals and everyone who thinks the Bengals are gonna be completely overmatched by the Rams D-Line I would argue that it’s a position Cincy is pretty comfortable in as they were overmatched by pretty much every defensive line they’ve played this season and still managed to do alright.

Edit: of course as I type this Burrow takes his first sack of the game.

Jesus, the only thing this Halftime show is doing is making me feel really old.. Everyone looking dusted asf in there performances. The set was kind of cool but everything else is extremely forgettable 🥱

Thought 50 was bout to pass out halfway through.

I bet they do. Our High School Oline coach would actively teach the offensive lineman how to hold without getting caught. I would imagine by the time they are they are pros that is a regular part of practice.
Packers famously build their OL philosophy around "legal holding" as I'm sure you're aware. I'm just surprised we don't see more blatant OPI in high profile games. You almost never get caught, and the downside in nearly negligible.

Back