The football thread RenegadeMonster is looking for: NFL talk

So happy for AD and Whit. Cincy needs to fortify that O-line - Burrow can’t be taking that many hits every year. I feel for the Cincy fans.

Kupp just willed them down on that last drive (with some nice throws from Stafford) - double teams be damned - they had nothing on offense after Odell went out.

Also, Eli Apple’s gonna take some arrows after all the talking he’s done.

Me if I were a St Louis sports fan watching kroenke get to touch the Lombardi first in his soulless billion dollar complex named after a predatory loan refinancing company

View attachment 128791
How many St Louis Rams fans were the though? As a Bears fan, there were only two stadiums I could see The Bears play for an affordable price one was Detroit and the other was St. Louis. I guess the few fans that were in STL probably at least gave a damn.

I don't want this Super Bowl loss to sour the sterling, incredible season that the Bengals have had. It's more than anything I could've asked for. An improbable dream season, and hopefully the beginning of something special for the decade moving forward. It's the most joy I've had watching an NFL season in my short time following the league. I wouldn't trade this team sans OL for anything. There's so much to look forward to.

Among the accomplishments this year:
  • First double digit winning season in five years.
  • First playoff victory in over 30 years.
  • First playoff road victory in team history.
    • Not just that, but two of these in a row
    • Completed an 18 point comeback in the AFC Championship Game, tying the largest comeback in AFCCG history
  • Joe Burrow reaching the Super Bowl in his first full season starting (outside of Week 18).
  • Joe Burrow winning 2022 Comeback Player of the Year.
  • Joe Burrow leading the league comp% (70.7%) and yds/att (8.7)
  • Swept the Pittsburgh Steelers and Baltimore Ravens.
    • Threw for the 3rd most yards in a single game in NFL history (525) in the second meeting with BAL
  • Drafted a kicker who didn't miss a FG/PAT during the entire postseason.
  • Drafted a WR who made All-Pro in his first year and was 4th among the league in rec yds (1455) and 3rd in rec TDs (13).
    • Recipient of the Offensive Rookie of the Year honors
    • Most rec yds as a rookie in a single game in NFL history (266)
    • Also has the most rec yds as a rookie in the postseason in NFL history (368)
  • Joe Mixon being 3rd among the league in rush yds (1205).
  • Trey Hendrickson landing 5th among the league in sacks (14).
It's not the same as bringing the Lombardi home, but so much to be excited about in the infancy years of the current team's core. Perhaps it was the team arriving one year too early.
It hurts to not complete the possible comeback, but they gave a competitive effort in the big dance. The defense understandably gave out in the closing moments.

EDIT: Added a few other bullet points. I will keep on adding to this list as I think of more that aren't egregiously cherry-picked stats.

Last edited:
I don't want this Super Bowl loss to sour the sterling, incredible season that the Bengals have had. It's more than anything I could've asked for. An improbable dream season, and hopefully the beginning of something special for the decade moving forward. It's the most joy I've had watching an NFL season in my short time following the league. I wouldn't trade this team sans OL for anything. There's so much to look forward to.

Among the accomplishments this year:
  • First double digit winning season in five years.
  • First playoff victory in over 30 years.
  • First playoff road victory in team history.
    • Not just that, but two of these in a row
  • Joe Burrow reaching the Super Bowl in his first full season starting (outside of Week 18).
  • Joe Burrow winning 2022 Comeback Player of the Year.
  • Joe Burrow leading the league comp% (70.7%) and yds/att (8.7)
  • Swept the Pittsburgh Steelers and Baltimore Ravens.
    • Threw for the 3rd most yards in a single game in NFL history (525) in the second meeting with BAL
  • Drafted a kicker who didn't miss a FG/PAT during the entire postseason
  • Drafted a WR who made All-Pro in his first year and was 4th among the league in rec yds
    • Also has the most rec yds as a rookie in the postseason in NFL history
It's not the same as bringing the Lombardi home, but so much to be excited about in the infancy years of the current team's core. Perhaps it was the team arriving one year too early.
It hurts to not complete the possible comeback, but they gave a competitive effort in the big dance. The defense understandably gave out in the closing moments.
Outside of Burrow, Duke Tobin actually convincing Mike Brown to let him try some shit is the best development for the Bengals this year. I hope that continues and the team will be contenders for years in a conference that still has Mahomes, Allen, and Herbert.

in a conference that still has Mahomes, Allen, and Herbert.
Right, everyone keeps saying Burrow and the Bengals will be back and I hope they are but the top teams in the AFC are all trending up. The next 5+ years in the AFC are gonna be lit.

On the other side; I could see Wentworth, Donald and McVey retiring and The Rams selling off the roster for scrapes.

Right, everyone keeps saying Burrow and the Bengals will be back and I hope they are but the top teams in the AFC are all trending up. The next 5+ years in the AFC are gonna be lit.

On the other side; I could see Wentworth, Donald and McVey retiring and The Rams selling off the roster for scrapes.
Yeah as someone who watched the eagles in 4 straight NFC championship games it doesn't always work out like you want it to and you just have to enjoy the ride.

But maybe you get Nick Foles with the best Super Bowl performance ever against the GOAT.

My father in law got asked to be a Hall of Famer voter yesterday, so if you want me to try to "influence" his votes HMU. 😂 (Willie Anderson for the Hall is my 1st priority)

I don't think it's been officially announced yet.

Last edited:
Back