The 'I Did a Thing' Thread

I did a thing this morning. Ran by an estate sale that had these Klipsch floor stand speakers at a really decent price. They sound fantastic, even in my small space. I actually think they sound better than my Realistics, which isn't at all surprising. But since I can't really crank the volume up where I live I'm most interested in speakers that sound good at low volumes. I'm only two tracks in on a record, but even my wife came in and said she actually can hear a difference in the quality on these, which she admitted she thought was bullshit before 😂 Either way, I'm lucky she was cool with me buying these as an early 40th birthday present to myself.
IMG20230225115050.jpg

I did a thing this morning. Ran by an estate sale that had these Klipsch floor stand speakers at a really decent price. They sound fantastic, even in my small space. I actually think they sound better than my Realistics, which isn't at all surprising. But since I can't really crank the volume up where I live I'm most interested in speakers that sound good at low volumes. I'm only two tracks in on a record, but even my wife came in and said she actually can hear a difference in the quality on these, which she admitted she thought was bullshit before 😂 Either way, I'm lucky she was cool with me buying these as an early 40th birthday present to myself.
View attachment 168059
I don’t want to alarm you, but your Love and Rockets is showing.

View attachment 168059
That’s awesome! Stuff like that tends to vanish quickly at estate sales around here. Enjoy them!

That’s awesome! Stuff like that tends to vanish quickly at estate sales around here. Enjoy them!
Same here. I thought for sure they would be gone and I think they would have been because I searched the house and didn't see them until I noticed that they were hiding behind a door. I know another guy was looking for them and bought all the other speakers and receivers, but they were all a/v stuff.

View attachment 168059

You’ve klipsched your nads!

Nice!

Same here. I thought for sure they would be gone and I think they would have been because I searched the house and didn't see them until I noticed that they were hiding behind a door. I know another guy was looking for them and bought all the other speakers and receivers, but they were all a/v stuff.
They look pretty cool on the small stands in the photos within the link you shared. And man, I hate those 'other guys' at estate sales! ;)

I like those little stands too. Going to be on the lookout for some. They weigh 44 pounds, so I'm hesitant to put them on anything that isn't very sturdy.

I’ve not seen anything quite like those little stubby wooden ones but there are a few companies out there I’ve doing custom sized steel ones a bit like the JBL stands that’d definitely be strong enough!

View attachment 168059
I had to go back and check ... that's a really solid upgrade from the Realistic Optimus-21. Good hunting.

Took a drive with my wife on Wednesday night, brought home some records. This T Rex has the cleanest cover I have ever seen on a used, vintage copy. Grabbing a number of Kinks albums and some hard rock for our antique mall stand. Helped a guy get some money toward an arcade game for his sons.

FE9ED790-3F71-4256-98B5-E9D1DA0141EF.jpeg77395FC0-1E25-4154-B2FE-EE9E0450D287.jpeg

I did a thing. A Luxman PD-151 MK2 arrived from Japan today! Feeling like a kid on Christmas! The box is still unopened as I’m really busy today. But, here are photos from the auction site.

View attachment 169926

View attachment 169927
What a stunner. Can't wait to hear impressions later on. And true to where our allegiance lies, the belt looks quite similar to VPI's Shinola deck.

Back