The 'I Did a Thing' Thread

On the same day I told myself I wouldn’t place a Record City order this month, I saw a listing for an EX 1974 Japan pressing of DSOTM and resistance was futile. Oh, along with a few that had been sitting in my cart.

Hank Mobley With Donald Byrd & Lee Morgan

Pepper Adam’s [PROMO COPY] Julian

Wes Montgomery Full House

Dark Side Of The Moon

Last edited:
On the same day I told myself I wouldn’t place a Record City order this month, I saw a listing for an EX 1974 Japan pressing of DSOTM and resistance was futile. Oh, along with a few that had been sitting in my cart.

Hank Mobley With Donald Byrd & Lee Morgan

Pepper Adam’s [PROMO COPY] Julian

Wes Montgomery Full House

Dark Side Of The Moon
The Pink Floyd came with the two large posters and double-sided postcard, plus a 32-page booklet I've never seen before. From a description of it on discogs: "Includes a 32-page booklet with liner notes, images, and lyrics in English and Japanese."

Very cool. The vinyl looks really clean. About to give it a listen (breaking the 'clean 'em first' rule).

I did a thing but it wasn't vinyl related. My wife has been going to sleep at like 7 every night lately and she hates seafood. So tonight after she fell asleep I ordered myself a lobster tail, a lobster topped baked potato, and a dozen cheddar bay biscuits from Red Lobster (I only ate two biscuits though...so far... Cause those she likes). I don't think I've ever treated myself like that since I've been married without the wife being involved. Friends, eating a lobster tail in bed next to your sleeping wife...👍

I did a thing but it wasn't vinyl related. My wife has been going to sleep at like 7 every night lately and she hates seafood. So tonight after she fell asleep I ordered myself a lobster tail, a lobster topped baked potato, and a dozen cheddar bay biscuits from Red Lobster (I only ate two biscuits though...so far... Cause those she likes). I don't think I've ever treated myself like that since I've been married without the wife being involved. Friends, eating a lobster tail in bed next to your sleeping wife...👍

Much fancier than the two bags of Crazy Bread and nearly an entire pizza from Little Caesars I had yesterday while the dog sat on the couch with a forlorn look on her face. 😏

Ok. So, yes this was a dumb amount of money. But

• I’m tired of losing my anniversary gift giving contest to my better half.
  • I’m a sucker for otherwise not released music on wax.
  • Julien and Mitski and Mina and Ani
  • I didn’t pay as much as other folks (still too much but SHE DOESNT NEED TO KNOW)

As far as I’m concerned this completes the Bleachers we need. Dang. If anyone follows the Bleachers vinyl world you’ll know how obnoxious this is to get now.

image.jpg

Damn you Record City with your luscious EX OGs! I'm really looking forward to comparing the Enos to the recent represses, especially Science which I have on 2x45...

Fables Of The Reconstruction ¥3,980

Crocodiles ¥4,980

Another Green World ¥4,980

Before And After Science

Last edited:
Damn you Record City with your luscious EX OGs! I'm really looking forward to comparing the Enos to the recent represses, especially Science which I have on 2x45...

Fables Of The Reconstruction ¥3,980

Crocodiles ¥4,980

Another Green World ¥4,980

Before And After Science
I’ve been checking for eno on and off at RC! Nice grabs. I have the EG pressing of before and after science and am happy with it but want to pick up Tiger Mountain at some point. Also need to listen to Another Green World again. Been a minute since I checked it out

I’ve been checking for eno on and off at RC! Nice grabs. I have the EG pressing of before and after science and am happy with it but want to pick up Tiger Mountain at some point. Also need to listen to Another Green World again. Been a minute since I checked it out
Oh yeah, his four "pop" LPs are all so good. Green World might be the best one showing the intersection of his unique pop style and his growing interest in ambient sounds.

I did a little thing. I was planning on a system upgrade and this was one of the last two things I planned to get. But right when I sold enough records to do the upgrade my wife needed a root canal, so my upgrade money went bye-bye. So I'm starting down the saving path once again. But I was impatient and wanted something, so went with some upgraded feet by @Mnpctech to make my table look sexier. And oh yeah to sound better too 😂
IMG20220702095955.jpg

I did a little thing. I was planning on a system upgrade and this was one of the last two things I planned to get. But right when I sold enough records to do the upgrade my wife needed a root canal, so my upgrade money went bye-bye. So I'm starting down the saving path once again. But I was impatient and wanted something, so went with some upgraded feet by @Mnpctech to make my table look sexier. And oh yeah to sound better too 😂
View attachment 144592
Nice! Verdict?

Nice! Verdict?
They look great, but was only able to spin one record so far. I need to play something I'm familiar with this afternoon to judge better. But based on what they replaced and how solid they feel I have no doubt that they will do the job well!

Last edited:
View attachment 144592

Do you shave by your tt too….

Back