The Official Needles and Grooves 1001 Album Generator Project (aka Preachin’ about the Preachers if today’s selection sucks)

2/8/23
ab67616d0000b273bd732535635abc590e07d68a

Leftfield - Leftism

Allmusic Review:

or you could just shout at a wall since no one is claiming otherwise within the context of house music.

I Don't recall anybody ever playing Leftfield on top 40 radio.

Context matters.
I WILL SHOUT AT KIDS ON MY LAWN WHEN I WANT!!!

I stand by getting airplay is not innovation. At best it is luck or skill at marketing. I'm not claiming that Leftfield was a top 40 group. What I am stating is that Beyonce did not bring anything other than ears to the music. That's important, I won't deny that, but it is not innovation.

I would even be more willing to concede your point @TenderLovingKiller® if it meant that more people would seek out proper house music, but that's not gonna happen either. I don't think it lifts the profile of the music. It's possible that it does, but Timbaland and others bringing Drum n Bass elements to RnB in the late 90s and early 2000s didn't bring a spotlight on the genre. (I'd also point to Timbaland's work there in incorporating the Drum N Bass sounds into R N B, instead of just straight jacking the beats was MORE innovative than Beyonce's House tribute, too.) :p

I love you. I understand your point, just clearly & strongly disagree with it.

Back