The Official Needles and Grooves 1001 Album Generator Project (aka Preachin’ about the Preachers if today’s selection sucks)

He's similar to Jason Molina and Bill Callahan not only in style but also in monikers. Will Oldham has recorded albums under the following names:
Palace Brothers
Palace Music
Palace
Palace Soundtrack
Will Oldham
Amalgamated Sons of Rest (a collaboration with Jason Molina and Alasdaire Roberts)
The Sundowners (a collaboration with Smog)

and has collaborated on albums with:
Matt Sweeney
Dawn McCarthy
Tortoise
The Cairo Gang
Trembling Bells
Bill Callahan

As you might have guessed dude is quite prolific.If I was gonna suggest a few albums, besides I See A Darkness I would recommend checking out:

Palace Music - Viva Last Blues
Bonnie 'Prince' Billy - Ease On Down The Road
Bonnie 'Prince' Billy - Master & Everyone
Bonnie 'Prince' Billy/Matt Sweeney - Superwolf
Bonnie 'Prince' Billy - The Letting Go

Pretty much all of his albums are at least good but the above listed titles are my favorite and a great place to start.

Lie Down in the Light is the only one I'm really familiar with. An ex of mine really loved that album.

He's similar to Jason Molina and Bill Callahan not only in style but also in monikers. Will Oldham has recorded albums under the following names:
Palace Brothers
Palace Music
Palace
Palace Soundtrack
Will Oldham
Amalgamated Sons of Rest (a collaboration with Jason Molina and Alasdaire Roberts)
The Sundowners (a collaboration with Smog)

and has collaborated on albums with:
Matt Sweeney
Dawn McCarthy
Tortoise
The Cairo Gang
Trembling Bells
Bill Callahan

As you might have guessed dude is quite prolific.If I was gonna suggest a few albums, besides I See A Darkness I would recommend checking out:

Palace Music - Viva Last Blues
Bonnie 'Prince' Billy - Ease On Down The Road
Bonnie 'Prince' Billy - Master & Everyone
Bonnie 'Prince' Billy/Matt Sweeney - Superwolf
Bonnie 'Prince' Billy - The Letting Go

Pretty much all of his albums are at least good but the above listed titles are my favorite and a great place to start.
I still regularly listen to that Bill Callahan album we had so I look forward to diving into this one.

This is right in my wheelhouse. Another great discovery from this project.
Definitely recommend you check out some of his other work mentioned above. I would also add in the Hope ep, which I think was just billed to Palace.

Though one of his annoying tendencies was to record awesome songs to 7in and then re-record less than stellar versions later.
Not his song (Sally Timms) but amazing. As my friend described it, that guitar solo is “sun soaked”

IMG_4736.jpeg

I love Adele and this album. The singles were inescapable and for a good reason. Side b definitely rappers off a bit but not enough to bring the project down for me.

I’m assuming 25 is also in this book, which honestly is the one I prefer. But 21 has definitely earned its place in history and this book

View attachment 201902

I love Adele and this album. The singles were inescapable and for a good reason. Side b definitely rappers off a bit but not enough to bring the project down for me.

I’m assuming 25 is also in this book, which honestly is the one I prefer. But 21 has definitely earned its place in history and this book
25 is my least favorite.

Back