The Official Needles and Grooves 1001 Album Generator Project (aka Preachin’ about the Preachers if today’s selection sucks)

This is a great album. Unlike In Utero, it makes me dwell on Kurt’s death. Doesn’t necessarily make sense nor is it fair, but it’s the reality of the situation.

I never really bothered to pay attention to Hole before or after this album. I probably should check out their other stuff sometime.

This is a great album. Unlike In Utero, it makes me dwell on Kurt’s death. Doesn’t necessarily make sense nor is it fair, but it’s the reality of the situation.

I never really bothered to pay attention to Hole before or after this album. I probably should check out their other stuff sometime.
I love Hole and think their last album is way better than people remember, but I get why it wasn't as popular as their first couple especially with everyone's view of Love. I think Francis had just said her mom sucked and wasn't going to talk to her anymore right when that last one dropped. But it's a very introspective album for Love and sticks with me when I listen. Would love for it to get repressed.

I love Hole and think their last album is way better than people remember, but I get why it wasn't as popular as their first couple especially with everyone's view of Love. I think Francis had just said her mom sucked and wasn't going to talk to her anymore right when that last one dropped. But it's a very introspective album for Love and sticks with me when I listen. Would love for it to get repressed.
I agree that the last Hole was pretty good! Celebrity Skin is flawed but has some of their best songs ("Boys on the Radio" and "Awful"). Love's solo album also had some great moments. The only album I actually don't like that much by them/her is the debut, "Pretty on the Inside".

It actually makes perfect sense, since many songs on the album is about Kurt and Courtneys releationship and the cracks in the surface of that whole drug infused reality and therefore kinda chronicles Kurts impending death, at least in the subtext on songs like Violet, Doll Parts and I Think That I Would Die.

It's part of what makes it such a beast of a record in my opinion. It's almost too raw in that sense.

Back