The Official Needles and Grooves 1001 Album Generator Project (aka Preachin’ about the Preachers if today’s selection sucks)

But how does someone own Grinderswitch albums without exploring The Allmans? Dickey Betts and Duane Allman are two of the greatest guitarist of all time and they were in the same damn band!

Grinderswitch came about due to mention the 33 1/3 book on DBT's Southern Rock Opera. I've been "aware" of The Allman's since my teenage years but have yet to dive in. They've been working their way up my to-do list pretty rapidly over the past few years but I haven't taken the step yet!

Hell, it was only 6 or 7 years ago that I finally dug into Skynyrd beyond the overplaying everywhere of "Sweet Home Alabama."

Grinderswitch came about due to mention the 33 1/3 book on DBT's Southern Rock Opera. I've been "aware" of The Allman's since my teenage years but have yet to dive in. They've been working their way up my to-do list pretty rapidly over the past few years but I haven't taken the step yet!

Hell, it was only 6 or 7 years ago that I finally dug into Skynyrd beyond the overplaying everywhere of "Sweet Home Alabama."
Brothers and Sisters is a thing of beauty (and this here generator pick)

I’ve loved the Allman bros ever since high school when a buddy played me “Mountain Jam” while we were tripping balls. 26 minutes of face-melting bliss. I didn’t discover Grinderswitch until a few summers back when I was exploring the Capricorn Record Label and other 70s southern rock groups.

I've been "aware" of The Allman's since my teenage years but have yet to dive in. They've been working their way up my to-do list pretty rapidly over the past few years but I haven't taken the step yet!

This may sound totally crazy, especially if you haven't dug into them yet, but The Allman Brothers were my back door entry into jazz. I first heard them when I was probably 10 years old. As the years progressed and I listened to more stuff, I really dug into the jams, and this led to that and before I knew it the world of jazz was right there. Highly influential players who, like most great musicians, were highly influenced by other genres.

Derek Trucks and Susan Tedeschi keep that vibe alive today. Tedeschi Trucks Band is another one you should dive into at some point...

As I start a headphone listen, I predict a spousal “your music is weird” headed my way tomorrow.

Hey, just tell her at least you're not working your way through this list:

Hey, just tell her at least you're not working your way through this list:

also, you should join me in working through that list!

Back