The Official Needles and Grooves 1001 Album Generator Project (aka Preachin’ about the Preachers if today’s selection sucks)

Eldest is over tonight. I don’t foresee that happening to night (might have to do it soon though) - I don’t think I even ever listened to the bonus disc.
The bonus disc is a little meh. Ironically enough the only time I listened to it is when my Schiit Mani was on the frtiz (as I had mentioned in the Darlington thread) and at that point I thought it was just a weird artistic choice to have the music so heavily panned to one channel

Most reviews of Kid A were written before Amnesiac existed and they are intertwined, so after the fact it makes sense to talk about both.

Seems like Rolling Stone thinks Amnesiac is better but I haven’t finished the review yet. It could have a M Night Shyamalan twist for all I know.
Of course in those instances and I do think the albums are linked for sure but I also think Kid A stands on its own better.

Yeah, I’m pretty sure I checked out Lasers back in the day. The only thing I see in last.fm is Drill Music in Zion.
That’s the album that features the tune where he samples Modest Mouse “Float On”.

Being as he’s a Chicagoan, I wished I enjoyed his music more. I dig “Kick, Push” a decent amount. Most of his music is good but is lacking the thing that draws me back.

Last edited:
That’s the album that features the tune where he samples Modest Mouse “Float On”.

Being as he’s a Chicagoan, I wished I enjoyed his music more. I dig “Kick, Push” a decent amount. Most of his music is good but is lacking the thing that draws me back for more.
Yeah, that’s been the stand out so far. Most of it kind of sounds like Kanye trying to sound like Jay-Z while rapping about shit Common would rap about. It’s like a Lankum album. But yeah, there’s a spark missing.

Back