The Official Needles and Grooves 1001 Album Generator Project (aka Preachin’ about the Preachers if today’s selection sucks)

I've been hot and cold with Talking Heads the few times I've dipped my toes in over the past couple of decades; I have so many friends that absolutely love them but I've yet to go head over heels myself. That said, I absolutely love this album. If it were to wind up being the only Talking Heads album I ever own, I'd be quite alright with that. (That said, I reckon I'll do another tour of their discography sometime after autumn hits.)

I've been hot and cold with Talking Heads the few times I've dipped my toes in over the past couple of decades; I have so many friends that absolutely love them but I've yet to go head over heels myself. That said, I absolutely love this album. If it were to wind up being the only Talking Heads album I ever own, I'd be quite alright with that. (That said, I reckon I'll do another tour of their discography sometime after autumn hits.)
I love Talking Heads, I own og of this on vinyl and an OG Stop Making Sense on CD. they’re something I look for every time I’m in a shop.

Got to say I wasn’t blown away by the half or so I heard before I drift off to sleep land. The bass was very impressive even in the buds. (I’m not saying it was bad, actually some what interesting like Aphex Twin with hip hop beats)

I was listening to Run DMC, LL and the Beasties in middle school, but it was the Native Tongues that made me fall hard for hip hop and really defines the golden age to me. The JBs were the group that felt like something I and a few friends knew about. Not a group that tore up the charts but just as solid as De La and Tribe in their own right.

I was listening to Run DMC, LL and the Beasties in middle school, but it was the Native Tongues that made me fall hard for hip hop and really defines the golden age to me. The JBs were the group that felt like something I and a few friends knew about. Not a group that tore up the charts but just as solid as De La and Tribe in their own right.
Completely agree. Not sure if you kept up with the Brothers but their later albums are kind of interesting. After the track “I’ll House You” from their second album was embraced by the clubs they decided to lean into house music. Their 2000 album V.I.P. is a fun Listen. I had the CD back in the day.

Completely agree. Not sure if you kept up with the Brothers but their later albums are kind of interesting. After the track “I’ll House You” from their second album was embraced by the clubs they decided to lean into house music. Their 2000 album V.I.P. is a fun Listen. I had the CD back in the day.

I need to see which CDs I still have, but I have owned all through VIP at one time or another.

Back