The Official Needles and Grooves 1001 Album Generator Project (aka Preachin’ about the Preachers if today’s selection sucks)

I'm honestly not sure if I've listened to this one before. Enough sounded familiar to make me think that I did. But enough was un-familiar that I'm not so sure. Whether I have or not, I really liked it. 4/5.

The singles were huge, as was the album so I’m guessing that by osmosis through radio, clubs, etc that you’d probably heard half this album without knowing it was this album lol.

This was my entry point and I still think the finest thing Jack White has ever done.

White Blood Cells for me but this is probably there best even if it’s not my personal favorite (though it’s up there).

My entry point was White Blood Cells and that probably remains my favourite. De Stijl is probably 2 for me with this 3. Love all 3 and there is very little in it, the other 3 are a fair bit behind then.

The singles were huge, as was the album so I’m guessing that by osmosis through radio, clubs, etc that you’d probably heard half this album without knowing it was this album lol.
Yeah, I definitely recognize some tracks from life. It was more the weird last track that sounded kind of familiar to me. I feel like maybe I got this album for free or something on Google Play Music when that was a thing.

Are The Stone Roses Brit Pop?

Nope. They came before. They’re a meeting of the tail ends of baggy and madchester.

Britpop kinda got coined by the uk music press around the time of suede emerging and blur’s second and third albums.

It was a silly kinda thing britpop given most of the bands had very little in common beyond being guitar bands.

Back