The Official Needles and Grooves 1001 Album Generator Project (aka Preachin’ about the Preachers if today’s selection sucks)

Technically. Seems like everyone's umbrella of "brit pop" is different. For me, if it came from the UK, has jangly guitars and melodies and was released in roughly late 80's through early 2000's....brit pop.

Supergrass...brit pop, Stone Roses...brit pop, Oasis...brit pop. Travis...brit pop. Coldplay (:devilish:)...brit pop.

Even your description of sound doesn’t fit the roses who are definitely more a mix of late Madchester grooves with Squires solos. It probably fits the smiths better but they’re way too early for britpop.

Britpop as a type of music begins with The La’s, starts as a scene with Suede and Modern Life Is Rubbish and ends with a 74 minute treatise to the hubris of cocaine.

Even your description of sound doesn’t fit the roses who are definitely more a mix of late Madchester grooves with Squires solos. It probably fits the smiths better but they’re way too early for britpop.

Britpop as a type of music begins with The La’s, starts as a scene with Suede and Modern Life Is Rubbish and ends with a 74 minute treatise to the hubris of cocaine.
My Brit Pop CD box set starts with The Smiths and ends with some song called "Oh Jim" by Gay Dad. It's all I have to go by. It includes the Stone Roses (but no Travis or Coldplay, I was just trying to get a rise with that one).

I know. I fully understand the definition is a lot more specific. To be fair my box set says "UK Indie, Shoegaze an Brit Pop Gems of the Last Millennium". I think us Americans just tend to lump anything British Indie as Brit Pop.

The Stone Roses are on the Apple Music "I Miss Britpop" playlist. That's all I'm saying.

That Americans are always wrong? We ageee then.

So far this is pleasant country rock. A damn cry better than the fucking Eagles.
He was in the Byrds not the Eagles. Also, Intervention Records has an Audiophile pressing. Could grab the Dillard and Clark record as well while your are at it.

He was in the Byrds not the Eagles. Also, Intervention Records has an Audiophile pressing. Could grab the Dillard and Clark record as well while your are at it.
Im well aware he wasn’t in the fucking Eagles.

Back