Vintage Equipment

Does this seem like a good deal? Guy says it works perfect. Still waiting on pics of the back and the casing (says it's not wooden, unsure if that's stock?)

It’s not a 2250b but found its baby brother for a good price, only one owner. Gonna get it to a guy for lamp replacement but excited to be on the bandwagon. He also threw in the AKAI cassette deck.

IMG_7144.jpeg

It’s not a 2250b but found its baby brother for a good price, only one owner. Gonna get it to a guy for lamp replacement but excited to be on the bandwagon. He also threw in the AKAI cassette deck.

View attachment 206343
Pretty, pretty!

Looks from specs I found online that the receiver is 16 watts at 0.5% distortion into 8 Ohms. Hopefully you've got some very efficient speakers to hook up to this receiver and enable its very likely warm and sweet sound to come through and fill your room.

Despite the classic look of Marantz, my eyes keep getting drawn to the Akai cassette deck which is quite a looker on its own. Love the sideways meters!

View attachment 206343
Nice score. The lamp replacement on my 2235B was quite simple and pre-assembled kits are cheap and easy to find.
Do you mind saying what you paid for it? I’m considering selling the 2235. Thanks.

Pretty, pretty!

Looks from specs I found online that the receiver is 16 watts at 0.5% distortion into 8 Ohms. Hopefully you've got some very efficient speakers to hook up to this receiver and enable its very likely warm and sweet sound to come through and fill your room.

Despite the classic look of Marantz, my eyes keep getting drawn to the Akai cassette deck which is quite a looker on its own. Love the sideways meters!
Oh yeah, those sideways meters definitely caught my eye and were icing on the cake. I fired it up and the meters seem to be working, and it moves the tape, but can't get sound out of it just yet. Back to the drawing board.
Nice score. The lamp replacement on my 2235B was quite simple and pre-assembled kits are cheap and easy to find.
Do you mind saying what you paid for it? I’m considering selling the 2235. Thanks.
200 for the set. I imagine you could fetch quite a bit more for yours. The guy I got mine off of seemed to just want them gone, though I feel it was a fair price for both of us given the scenario.

Oh yeah, those sideways meters definitely caught my eye and were icing on the cake. I fired it up and the meters seem to be working, and it moves the tape, but can't get sound out of it just yet. Back to the drawing board.

200 for the set. I imagine you could fetch quite a bit more for yours. The guy I got mine off of seemed to just want them gone, though I feel it was a fair price for both of us given the scenario.
Figured it out, had both speakers A/B selected on accident (testing on a mid-90s Pioneer), and seemed to do the trick.

I'm running a couple of Klipsch B-20 8ohm 75 watt bookshelfs at the moment. This is the office setup but trying to get it to where I'm excited to throw something on vs. just waiting until I'm downstairs in the main setup area (which has more multimedia connected with it).

Always open to suggestions.

I'm running a couple of Klipsch B-20 8ohm 75 watt bookshelfs at the moment. This is the office setup but trying to get it to where I'm excited to throw something on vs. just waiting until I'm downstairs in the main setup area (which has more multimedia connected with it).

Always open to suggestions.
Internet says those Klipsches are 92.5 dB sensitivity ... which I think might be an excellent match for the 16 watt Marantz in a smaller room (which more than like is what "office setup" means). (y)

Would anyone be interested in a pair of JBL 4312b monitors? No shipping. Located in east TN? I put them up on marketplace today and thought I would see if any of my fine friends here would be interested.

Attachments

• 4D3598EF-6434-42D5-95B9-BF562CF4027A.jpeg
    4D3598EF-6434-42D5-95B9-BF562CF4027A.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 12
  • 92DE0424-EF31-43BE-81C0-6222952D27AC.jpeg
    92DE0424-EF31-43BE-81C0-6222952D27AC.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 12
Back