Vinyl Me, D - A Free Record Club

Per this month's clue, it's all about the ladies.........X 3.

Three of my favorite female artists. Three very different musical styles.

Everyone enjoy...

I'm really excited about this month. It's the tale of 3 ladies in terms of my familiarity with them.

My local station plays LH quite a bit. I think she's done a studio performance too, but that was before we moved to the area. But I've always enjoyed her tunes when they're played. Looking forward to digging in more.

CJ is a band name that I've definitely heard of (how could you forget it?), but I don't recall having ever listened to them before. Have semi-idea what I'm going to get.

BS I've never heard a single thing about so I'm going in completely blind!

Overall - 3x the fun and last month is growing on me still!

Per this month's clue, it's all about the ladies.........X 3.

Three of my favorite female artists. Three very different musical styles.

Everyone enjoy...

Amazing — cannot wait!!!! I can listen to them on my long ride to Hawaii tomorrow. If you think a digital preview is a good idea, tell me which records! Otherwise I’ll wait until I get home.

I'm really excited about this month. It's the tale of 3 ladies in terms of my familiarity with them.

My local station plays LH quite a bit. I think she's done a studio performance too, but that was before we moved to the area. But I've always enjoyed her tunes when they're played. Looking forward to digging in more.

CJ is a band name that I've definitely heard of (how could you forget it?), but I don't recall having ever listened to them before. Have semi-idea what I'm going to get.

BS I've never heard a single thing about so I'm going in completely blind!

Overall - 3x the fun and last month is growing on me still!

This may be the only time I can possibly say this during our 12 month journey but tell your wife "You're welcome."

Not surprised you hear Lilly on the radio there - her dad is John Hiatt and he's from Indianapolis.

Margo Timmins of Cowboy Junkies has one of the most beautiful, angelic voices I've ever heard. This record is all covers (y'all know I love covers) and she and the band inject their original sound into each.

Bette Smith is just a freakin' powerhouse that deserves to be enjoyed by everyone.

Last edited:
That cowboy junkies covers record is quite nice. The cure and bowie covers especially are nice. She really does have a unique voice - I'd put her up there with Elizabeth Fraser from Cocteau twins.

This may be the only time I can possibly say this during our 12 month journey but tell your wife "You're welcome."

Not surprised you hear Lilly on the radio there - her dad is John Hiatt and he's from Indianapolis.

Margo Timmins of Cowboy Junkies has one of the most beautiful, angelic voices I've ever heard. This record is all covers (y'all know I love covers) and she and the band inject their original sound into each.

Bette Smith is just a freakin' powerhouse that deserves to be enjoyed by everyone.
Can’t believe I hadn’t checked out Cowboy Junkies before this. We listened to them all morning, and my wife commented several times how much she loved it. Any specific album recommendations besides this one? Thanks!

I’m on the same island but will be in Waikiki Wed-Sat! North Shore until then. Whatcha up to here?
Nice! We're there for the girlfriend's daughter's volleyball tourney Saturday to Monday. But figured we'd stretch out the trip a little longer. I've never been to that island, so looking forward to it. Gonna catch Candlebox acoustic at the Blue Note on Wednesday night.

Back