Vinyl Me Please Anthology

He did follow up today in the discord saying announcement is this month. All AAA, and Get Up With It is one of the titles. I think In a Silent Way was also previously confirmed.
Colour me slightly interested. I have a MOV version of Get Up With It, which is most likely digital but sounds great. My IASW is a legacy version from 2009. Sterling press but no indication if digital or aaa

Colour me slightly interested. I have a MOV version of Get Up With It, which is most likely digital but sounds great. My IASW is a legacy version from 2009. Sterling press but no indication if digital or aaa
Waded into Discogs to find out more about this Miles Anthlogy. Seems like In A Silent Way, Get Up With It, and Live-Evil have all been heavily hinted or confirmed, so an Electric Box seems likely. Ryan K Smith and AAA, but...GZ, not the new plant.

Also interestingly, Storf said they are repressing the GD box at the new plant and another back soldout anthology (he Rock eyebrow raised Blue Note).
i will be very very surprised if it's BN. BN is already doing Schizophrenia and I bet they will do others from that box. Storf said a few weeks ago that BN was not going to repress any of the titles in the BN box then Schizophrenia was announced.

Waded into Discogs to find out more about this Miles Anthlogy. Seems like In A Silent Way, Get Up With It, and Live-Evil have all been heavily hinted or confirmed, so an Electric Box seems likely. Ryan K Smith and AAA, but...GZ, not the new plant.
Sweet so far only repeat I've seen that I own is silent way

Also interestingly, Storf said they are repressing the GD box at the new plant and another back soldout anthology (he Rock eyebrow raised Blue Note).

Pressing more dead boxes makes sense since they never made the full run. I will be angry if they print another box of something that was limited. Zamrock version 2 still bugs me.

i will be very very surprised if it's BN. BN is already doing Schizophrenia and I bet they will do others from that box. Storf said a few weeks ago that BN was not going to repress any of the titles in the BN box then Schizophrenia was announced.

Believing that you should maintain exclusivity over the albums in a sold-out box set which you have no intention of repressing is impressively scummy behavior. Whatever the reason for VMP not doing a repress, there's no more profit to be had there! It's also hilarious given that I still "fondly" remember the Ghostly box, a lack of exclusivity and the lie of omission to their customers.

Believing that you should maintain exclusivity over the albums in a sold-out box set which you have no intention of repressing is impressively scummy behavior. Whatever the reason for VMP not doing a repress, there's no more profit to be had there! It's also hilarious given that I still "fondly" remember the Ghostly box, a lack of exclusivity and the lie of omission to their customers.
well it was limited, so it's then scummy to repress it, but also scummy to not repress it...i do appreciate that they started to say "1st edition limited to xxxx" on a lot of the anthologies.

The Now-Again box sets have almost all been broken out too. But I have kinda expected that. Think they tend to have 1 album exclusive to the box in the Now-Agains though.

well it was limited, so it's then scummy to repress it, but also scummy to not repress it...i do appreciate that they started to say "1st edition limited to xxxx" on a lot of the anthologies.

The Now-Again box sets have almost all been broken out too. But I have kinda expected that. Think they tend to have 1 album exclusive to the box in the Now-Agains though.

I'm all for repressing the individual titles. Don't label something as limited if it's not

Did someone mention Now Again?

Sweet so far only repeat I've seen that I own is silent way

Pressing more dead boxes makes sense since they never made the full run. I will be angry if they print another box of something that was limited. Zamrock version 2 still bugs me.
I get this sentiment about the Zamrock 2nd edition. But at the same time I’m really glad they did it because it gave me a chance to pick it up. So…. 🤷🏻‍♂️

But I think they know it’s sorta scummy since they now include the “1st edition” language.

I get this sentiment about the Zamrock 2nd edition. But at the same time I’m really glad they did it because it gave me a chance to pick it up. So…. 🤷🏻‍♂️

But I think they know it’s sorta scummy since they now include the “1st edition” language.

I think that's almost as bad. I totally get wanting more. But I am completely against making more of something that's limited. I'd rather they just make them open editions with no numbering than say it's limited* *if it's not popular, otherwise we'll make more*

I think that's almost as bad. I totally get wanting more. But I am completely against making more of something that's limited. I'd rather they just make them open editions with no numbering than say it's limited* *if it's not popular, otherwise we'll make more*
Sadly that’s not really how licensing works for stuff like this.

RKS does a good job, but I find they lack the punch of a BoomBoom. Sadly with Miles electric, I want PUNCH
Was discussing this elsewhere but seems like KG doesn’t (or can’t) get tapes from Sony a lot of times. Sterling seems to be the Sony tape go-to as of late. Maybe it’s just that KG is too busy with all the BN/Craft/Warner stuff? Or a location thing?

Back