Vinyl Me Please Classics

I’m obviously in a minority and acknowledge it’s purely a matter of personal taste but I’m not that gone on any of IH’s albums. The very long voiceovers and abundance of covers of well known songs don’t particularly float my boat. His best tracks are incredible but he’s a ‘Best of’ artist for rather than albums. ‘Tough Guys’ is funky and pretty concise so I’m not complaining too much. That said, it ain’t exactly ‘Dreams’ or ‘Mr Hands’.

I’m obviously in a minority and acknowledge it’s purely a matter of personal taste but I’m not that gone on any of IH’s albums. The very long voiceovers and abundance of covers of well known songs don’t particularly float my boat. His best tracks are incredible but he’s a ‘Best of’ artist for rather than albums. ‘Tough Guys’ is funky and pretty concise so I’m not complaining too much. That said, it ain’t exactly ‘Dreams’ or ‘Mr Hands’.
I disagree on the part that Isaac Hayes is a ‘best of’ artist. I think Black Moses, Shaft and Hot Buttered Soul are all wonderful albums.

However, I do agree in that Tough Guys is concise! I’m really looking forward to spinning it actually! It’s still a pretty underwhelming pick, but I have a feeling I’m going to fall in love with the soundtrack after I spin it on vinyl!

Also agree that it certainly isn’t on Mr. Hands or Dreams’ level in terms of album quality!

I disagree on the part that Isaac Hayes is a ‘best of’ artist. I think Black Moses, Shaft and Hot Buttered Soul are all wonderful albums.

However, I do agree in that Tough Guys is concise! I’m really looking forward to spinning it actually! It’s still a pretty underwhelming pick, but I have a feeling I’m going to fall in love with the soundtrack after I spin it on vinyl!

Also agree that it certainly isn’t on Mr. Hands or Dreams’ level in terms of album quality!
There’s no way I’d pay over $60aud for this release. There are hundreds of records more worthy. That’s a Speakers Corner of Call Me, as an example.
This is by far the most underwhelming month of my membership to date. I’ll be getting credit for the first time.

There’s no way I’d pay over $60aud for this release. There are hundreds of records more worthy. That’s a Speakers Corner of Call Me, as an example.
This is by far the most underwhelming month of my membership to date. I’ll be getting credit for the first time.
Mmmmm yeah, even I am not sure if I’ll pick up this Isaac Hayes ROTM! I also have a feeling this ROTM will stay in stock for a long time, and will go on sale!

Works out to be cheaper for us anyways once it hits the store, because we only pay USD$34 (including tax) compared to USD$33 + $3.00 tax! We save USD$2!

I agree that this is an underwhelming pick but I think it’s still decent. It’s certainly a better ROTM pick than Bar-Kay’s Money Talks! And that pressing sounds splendid and is funky and has such a great, open sound-stage!

I think I’m going to swap for Prine since I missed the Rhino reissue. I think I’ll also take advantage of that Craft sale and pickup Black Moses or Shaft. That will fill the Isaac Hayes gap in my collection much better than Tough Guys.

I mean you’re English, it’s like across the water, I’m still utterly baffled that anyone in the uk could possibly think that we‘re still part of the uk, it’s incomprehensible to me, almost like someone here calling England a part of France...

At least they’re at least a big country a very very long away...

I got confused between north and south!

Especially when you consider what they all went through as youngsters

I think you will find the South is where Sheffield is, the North is where we wander the moors ba t'aat. Anywhere else is just not part of God's own country.

(tbh although I have lived in Yorkshire for over 25 years I still don't consider myself a Yorkshireman, I'm just visiting)

edit- and yes, I did walk to school for miles through the snow, with holes in my shoes & considered myself lucky. Those were happier times

I think you will find the South is where Sheffield is, the North is where we wander the moors ba t'aat. Anywhere else is just not part of God's own country.

(tbh although I have lived in Yorkshire for over 25 years I still don't consider myself a Yorkshireman, I'm just visiting)

edit- and yes, I did walk to school for miles through the snow, with holes in my shoes & considered myself lucky. Those were happier times
Being sent to school in the snow... Wearing shorts! Northern parents in the 70s and 80s for the win

I think you might have a whole bunch of angry people from Yorkshire and Lancashire on your case now! Don’t want to anger them Yorkshiremen in particular, they forgot no slight, memories like elephants!
Lancashire checking in (although I now live in London). Cant quite fathom Lancashire being classed as the South :ROFLMAO:

On the other hand my girlfriend classes anything above the M25 as being the North :rolleyes:

Used to be the case here too. Then we fucked up the planet and now it just pisses down with rain

I'm not laughing at the fucking up the planet part, just your general thought.

We had an ugly rainy Christmas over here too. At least it switched over to snow by the end of the day on the 25th. But generally speaking, our whole country is pretty much The North.

Just realized that the self-titled album by John Gary Williams (with the song "The Whole Damn World Is Going Crazy") might be our February ROTM. It is his only solo album (1973), and it was on Stax. We're down to either this or Frederick Knight.

Back