Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Manic Street Preachers?
Manic Street Preachers?
Immediately Stereophonics hit my brain.
Then Super Furry Animals a little later.

But for some reason I could imagine them doing Catatonia.
If they did do Manics I hope not Everything must go. I bought that during college years and older me knows it will not have aged well and is a bit boring.

Last edited:
aren’t they Emo? So Emo two records in a row (I really have no idea, not my thing, but that’s what their website says.)

Nah, not emo, they're indie pop. Granted, there are some indie rock/post-punk elements to some songs, especially the latter in the energy, but when you have boy/girl singing & glockenspiel on a song, you're likely going straight into the indie pop category.

thats the exact one we are thinking it is

their 2nd album.. in rock

Of all their tracks, Rock is the only one that 'fits'. It's a little too obscure for Essentials (e.g., the response to Nada Surf). And if they're planning to be expansive with the term (like they claimed they would be with Country, and to a slight degree have been with Classics) going forward, then ok.

But, honestly, it's a store exclusive. Of course, I say that knowing I bought Hold On Now... with the alternate cover from the band & I'm probably good.

Of all their tracks, Rock is the only one that 'fits'. It's a little too obscure for Essentials (e.g., the response to Nada Surf). And if they're planning to be expansive with the term (like they claimed they would be with Country, and to a slight degree have been with Classics) going forward, then ok.

But, honestly, it's a store exclusive. Of course, I say that knowing I bought Hold On Now... with the alternate cover from the band & I'm probably good.
At least the first obi explaining why they picked this as a RotM will be brief. Won’t take that much card to fit ‘cos we’re skint’ on

Back