Vinyl Me Please Essentials

i dont find much of a sonic increase in 45 RPM (my uturn is still entry level so its not quite audiophile) but I weirdly feel more comfortable listening to some records at 45 because of the inconvenience... i don't mind flipping around more and enjoy getting these smaller bits of the album and then time to reflect a bit.. maybe that's my possible ADHD talking

i dont find much of a sonic increase in 45 RPM (my uturn is still entry level so its not quite audiophile) but I weirdly feel more comfortable listening to some records at 45 because of the inconvenience... i don't mind flipping around more and enjoy getting these smaller bits of the album and then time to reflect a bit.. maybe that's my possible ADHD talking
I’m the same and I’ve a pretty handy set up. Possibly a bit cloth eared. There is some stuff that sounds class (LA Woman AP and BotT One Step spring to mind) but I could barely notice much between the Mofi 45 dead stuff and the VMP box stuff. For my level of audio atunement maybe very good copy is a more than acceptable level as opposed to one that’s super super audiophile ish

Although I’m the other side of the scale when it comes to flipping. It’s a proper pain in the arse.

They're doing Rocket To Russia in essentials.
Love the Ramones, but I scratch my head at this, as I did the Raw Power reissue. There are plentiful copies of quality Rhino reissues online and in stores for the first 4 albums and likely at lower costs than what VMP will charge for their copy.

Love the Ramones, but I scratch my head at this, as I did the Raw Power reissue. There are plentiful copies of quality Rhino reissues online and in stores for the first 4 albums and likely at lower costs than what VMP will charge for their copy.
For what it’s worth, The Raw Power reissue bested my KG cut and I’m a big fan of BoomBoom…

Going back to this from last week - why, may I ask? It's my favorite Priest (though I wouldn't buy this as I have a clean original).
Probably because it got many widespread reissues in recent years and does not need a repress at all. Which is why it'll almost certainly be it.

Back