Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

new additions to the "pls make this an ROTM we really want it but we know it wont happen"

• Polo G "Die A Legend"
  • Onyx "All We Got Iz Us"
  • ODB "Return of the 36 chambers"
  • Young Thug "So Much Fun"

Other members of the list
  • Playboi Carti "Die Lit"
  • J.I.D "DiCaprio 2"
  • Meghan Thee Stallion "Fever"
  • Ice Cube "The Predator"
  • Kendrick Lamar "Section.80"
  • A Tribe Called Quest "Midnight Marauders"

new additions to the "pls make this an ROTM we really want it but we know it wont happen"

• Polo G "Die A Legend"
  • Onyx "All We Got Iz Us"
  • ODB "Return of the 36 chambers"
  • Young Thug "So Much Fun"

Other members of the list
  • Playboi Carti "Die Lit"
  • J.I.D "DiCaprio 2"
  • Meghan Thee Stallion "Fever"
  • Ice Cube "The Predator"
  • Kendrick Lamar "Section.80"
  • A Tribe Called Quest "Midnight Marauders"

DiCaprio 2 sounds nice on the pressing that is already available

Listening to Lord Finesse for the first time.
I dont believe anyone at VMP knew what they were pressing.
Storf heard a Tommy Boy A&R say during the Prince Paul discussions
"95" (which is wrong) "Golden Era" "Not Been Pressed Since" "Classic" "DITC" "Lord Finesse"
Storf "hey isnt that the dude from Shrek?"
TB A&R "No Stiffmeister thats farquard lol idiot" Storf "Its Storf"
TB A&R "Sorry Surf, so your signed on yes, great " Storf "Its sto...nvm, once the kids (us vmp folk) dig it im cool"
TB A&R "yeah yeah we get asked all the time for this one by our loyal social media fanbase"....
TB IG approx 30+ followers 🤦🏻‍♂️

Its one those albums that a person who refuses to listen to any hiphop post 99, talks coffee shops shroomz & Amsterdam while scratchin his head because his mtv yo raps beanie is itchy in the over filled basement during a hot mid July at the KRS One gig and he is either trying to sell you or score weed absolutely digs and deems "Classic" 🙌

Last edited:
Could anyone with a line to Storf get an answer about Actual Facts? That would be a pretty big gaffe if they just cut it.
Even though I’m going to pick up the Lord Finesse regardless, I’m dying to find out too! They need to get someone to spin the record and actually see if “Actual Facts” plays after “Gameplan” on Side A! 🧐

Actual Facts is such a jam, I really, really hope it’s on this pressing! 🔐

The Actual Fact is that Actual Facts is the best song on the album it will be majorly disappointing if its not on there. It is a good album and an unexpected choice from VMP, there is definitely a whole bunch of other 95/96 albums I would prefer way more than this but i can't be mad at it. Classic? The sound can be labeled as such but the album itself i would say no but still a solid release and worthy of a fresh press 👌🏼

I’m so on the fence with this Lord Finesse. I enjoy it quiet a bit l, but I’m not sure if I really need to own a copy of it on vinyl.

And as others have said, there’s loads of other hip-hop albums from that time period that deserve to be in a collection over that one. I may have to reluctantly pass on it for now...

Back