Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I take it you didn't have a boyfriend with a house full of bong-making experiments? My personal (least) favorites: the microwave oven and the giant plastic bear cannister.

Well Iā€™ve never had a boyfriend, but I get what you mean šŸ˜‚. And no, I did a history degree so I was always more around the arts and social sciences faculties. It was more about the boring ā€œdeepā€ conversations and revelations. I did know one mechanical engineering student and he was tapped in the head, seriously weird. Heā€™s a lecturer in a prestigious university now, very bizarre.

Hey man. Iā€™m like the least nerdy engineer. I just play in dirt and make it look like engineering.
LOL, I was just bustinā€™s yer chops. My Roommate in college and best friend is a mechanical engineer and would always refer to his engineering buds from school as ā€œthe enginerdsā€ I always found the portmanteau to be quite clever.

Last edited:
LOL, I was just bustinā€™s yer chops. My Roommate in college and best friend is a mechanical engineer and would always refer to his engineer buds from school as ā€œthe enginerdsā€ I always found the portmanteau to be quite clever.
Oh yeah sorry I knew that. Not trying to be confrontational. I still just find it funny when people paint engineers with a broad brush as nerds and Iā€™m just standing in some mud like ā€œyur gonna need to dry this mud out of you want to build your house hereā€.

3606458B-90E9-45E5-B282-79B044932310.jpeg

Itā€™s an automated reply but one I hadnā€™t seen before. So I guess stuff is still getting held back if you also include a pre-order and I guess they have to manually free them up if you donā€™t want to wait for them to ship.

I still havenā€™t gotten anything to ship yet but hopefully Iā€™ll start seeing movement in the next few days. Iā€™m most worried about Pet Sounds as that sold out in the time I had been waiting for my copy to go out.

I'm just checking out some VMP exclusives and I see that the Hanni El Khatib "Flight" is on Red Glow in the dark vinyl. What are your experiences with Glow in the dark vinyl? Do they sound worse, is it similar to picture vinyl?

Nooooope. Way too much trouble. I enjoy partaking from time to time, I'm not a full-on stoner. Gives me flashbacks to my college buddies though. I don't know if there's a more annoying group of pot heads than engineering students.
Can confirm.
Mechanical, materials, electrical, computer. It was polytechnic university.
Started in electrical engineering but ran for the hills, the hills being theoretical math. Toking up with math people was always fun.
MacGyver pothead.

Has no one in here seen Half Baked??
There was one semester where all we watched was Half Baked. That was the semester that we convinced the RA to let us throw a kegger in the dorm. Good times.

Really hope the Los Amigos Invisibles exclusive hangs around for another two weeks as Iā€™d really like to pick it up then! Iā€™ve been splurging so much on vinyl I didnā€™t realise how much left I have in my bank account šŸ¤Ŗ

Listened to the Los Amigos Invisibles ā€œArepa 3000ā€ and it is such a fun listen! Itā€™s very funky, old-school and nostalgic but still left field and quirky! I really dig it! šŸ‘Œ

Did you end up getting this record, @NathanRicaud? I'm just listening to it online and it sounds pretty good to me.

I'm just checking out some VMP exclusives and I see that the Hanni El Khatib "Flight" is on Red Glow in the dark vinyl. What are your experiences with Glow in the dark vinyl? Do they sound worse, is it similar to picture vinyl?

I have one Glow in the Dark record and it sounds pretty bad. Itā€™s crackly throughout and the space between songs sounds like a fireplace. Itā€™s the Black Pumas release from Newbury. Iā€™m keeping because I like the gimmick and they put a cool little glow in the dark paint on the cover, too, but if youā€™re looking for sound quality, it might not be the best.

I have Rozi Plains ā€œWhat A Boostā€ on glow in the dark vinyl and it sounds like shit unfortunately. So much surface noise

I have Rozi Plains ā€œWhat A Boostā€ on glow in the dark vinyl and it sounds like shit unfortunately. So much surface noise
the only glow in the dark I have is the most recent Andrew Bird, which I haven't listened to in a long while, but I thought it sounded totally fine. maybe it's simply passable sounding when I was expecting it to sound much worse which made me think it sounds good.

Iā€™d stay away from glow in the dark unless youā€™re just buying it as a collectors album...the few I have purchased in the past had lots of noise.

Back