Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I don’t know why it would be illegal.

I do hate this though.

Everyone bitches about TBT, so instead of not doing it….

Here’s our best stuff ever, but we’re not going to tell you what all it is and you don’t get to pick what you get. But they’re records… so you’ll love them.

So I have to pay for the priveledge of not getting the one record I wanted.

If you're bored I'm in the discord having fun

the way TBT has been going for me, i'd be most likely to get something i want in a mystery bundle. the site has crapped out on me the past 3 TBTs and wouldn't let me add anything to cart.

And if it's cheaper and it's rare stuff is there any reason not to buy to flip then? This is such a head scratcher to do it this way
there's no way to make it "fair" or not have people angry at them for how these titles are released with so few copies. i said they should just include these albums in random boxes for members like the secret 7" used to be but of course they wouldn't make money off that hah

there's no way to make it "fair" or not have people angry at them for how these titles are released with so few copies. i said they should just include these albums in random boxes for members like the secret 7" used to be but of course they wouldn't make money off that hah

All a business cares about is making money. Sure some employees may care but I'm sure stuff like tores or tennis will be in there because they can't sell it on its own. Storf and Paully just have to be the ones shoveling it (and I have no issue with either of them for doing there job and selling it) don't shoot the messenger kinda thing

All a business cares about is making money. Sure some employees may care but I'm sure stuff like tores or tennis will be in there because they can't sell it on its own. Storf and Paully just have to be the ones shoveling it (and I have no issue with either of them for doing there job and selling it) don't shoot the messenger kinda thing
I was weirdly impressed by some of the damaged mystery bundles people got. I don't think Torres or Tennis will be in there but we'll find out what's in there when people start posting titles.

I see this as a good option for newer members, and not a great option for people who have been members for forever like most of us here. Yet another perk of member loyalty (not) lol

I was weirdly impressed by some of the damaged mystery bundles people got. I don't think Torres or Tennis will be in there but we'll find out what's in there when people start posting titles.

I see this as a good option for newer members, and not a great option for people who have been members for forever like most of us here.

Agreed with your 2nd paragraph for sure.

This is the best answer and why they won’t do it (too easy to not piss everyone off)

Seriously though, I don’t see anyone bitching about not getting one of them Alicia Keys letters.

VMP has in the past done pop-up shop events. I don't know when was the last time they did one, but if they wanted to minimize any angst and drama, I think setting up a pop-up shop featuring whatever these rare titles are would've been the best bet if they didn't publicize it or tease it on the discord or elsewhere online about it. Like, just show up at some Denver festival or community event with a booth selling them, and some random lucky sonsabitches score some hot shit that day. If word on the pop-up shop got back to discord, VMP could just be like "the quantities were so limited we didn't have a way to offer them online or in advance without pissing off 90% of the userbase" and honestly they'd probably be right.

The only other path I'd have maybe gone is to make a non-VMP-branded discogs or eBay account and just sold them there. They still make their money on stuff taking up inventory space, and discord lives on in its blissful ignorance.

VMP has in the past done pop-up shop events. I don't know when was the last time they did one, but if they wanted to minimize any angst and drama, I think setting up a pop-up shop featuring whatever these rare titles are would've been the best bet if they didn't publicize it or tease it on the discord or elsewhere online about it. Like, just show up at some Denver festival or community event with a booth selling them, and some random lucky sonsabitches score some hot shit that day. If word on the pop-up shop got back to discord, VMP could just be like "the quantities were so limited we didn't have a way to offer them online or in advance without pissing off 90% of the userbase" and honestly they'd probably be right.

The only other path I'd have maybe gone is to make a non-VMP-branded discogs or eBay account and just sold them there. They still make their money on stuff taking up inventory space, and discord lives on in its blissful ignorance.
I always figured that’s what Vinron was. Lol

I always figured that’s what Vinron was. Lol
They've always denied any official connection and if I recall, someone eventually tracked down who Vinceron actually was and he was just a dude who bought a ton of shit to flip (and was also a Trump chud), but yeah, VMP should totally make an account called "ImNotVinceron" and sell from that. No hype, no online blowback, and still get to drain people's bank accounts. Win-win.

Back