Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

They've always denied any official connection and if I recall, someone eventually tracked down who Vinceron actually was and he was just a dude who bought a ton of shit to flip (and was also a Trump chud), but yeah, VMP should totally make an account called "ImNotVinceron" and sell from that. No hype, no online blowback, and still get to drain people's bank accounts. Win-win.

They've always denied any official connection and if I recall, someone eventually tracked down who Vinceron actually was and he was just a dude who bought a ton of shit to flip (and was also a Trump chud), but yeah, VMP should totally make an account called "ImNotVinceron" and sell from that. No hype, no online blowback, and still get to drain people's bank accounts. Win-win.
Or they could actually give a fuck about their customers for once and take Mike’s approach. Not paying for the storage is still a net win from a cost standpoint.

VMP has in the past done pop-up shop events. I don't know when was the last time they did one, but if they wanted to minimize any angst and drama, I think setting up a pop-up shop featuring whatever these rare titles are would've been the best bet if they didn't publicize it or tease it on the discord or elsewhere online about it. Like, just show up at some Denver festival or community event with a booth selling them, and some random lucky sonsabitches score some hot shit that day. If word on the pop-up shop got back to discord, VMP could just be like "the quantities were so limited we didn't have a way to offer them online or in advance without pissing off 90% of the userbase" and honestly they'd probably be right.

The only other path I'd have maybe gone is to make a non-VMP-branded discogs or eBay account and just sold them there. They still make their money on stuff taking up inventory space, and discord lives on in its blissful ignorance.

Or just ebay auction the most rare stuff and donate the profits. Done.

Or just ebay auction the most rare stuff and donate the profits. Done.
Yeah I think this is move. I get they might need short term capital. But man, if they over hype this thing there might be so many disappointed folks out there. And if they make it sound like it’ll be all Brubeck, those people will justifiably be upset if they OOS mids

Ha, This is 100% what I would’ve done.

I’m pretty sure they are not going to see any money or a plant out of that. So maybe (just like bundles) don’t.

I’m sure it’s all one investor who is fucking PISSED because he never understood they were buying a record plant.
the funny thing is that they never were buying a record plant apparently. pretty sure they were never gonna be equity partners in it. half the board wanted nothing to do with the plant when they voted on it. cam (one of the equity partners in the plant) somehow was then the deciding vote to push it to a 4:3 vote in favor of the plant.

the funny thing is that they never were buying a record plant apparently. pretty sure they were never gonna be equity partners in it. half the board wanted nothing to do with the plant when they voted on it. cam (one of the equity partners in the plant) somehow was then the deciding vote to push it to a 4:3 vote in favor of the plant.
We’ve heard one side of the story so far. I’m not exactly going to take VMP and their weird complaint at face value.

Back