Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I like how the discord blew up with this is worse than TBT after all the posturing yesterday.
to be somewhat fair, any time there is a TBT, or a limited swap option, the discord is flooded with entitled people who probably aren't even members screaming about how bad things are. it turns into reddit for a day.

definitely a lot of "VMP can do no wrong" folks there though.

If you can't do something (remotely close to) right, don't do it at all
the website is so bad and can't handle traffic. i started getting the error message before things even went live. then the dropdown didn't work so they had to go back in and add in the 3 and 5 packs as separate items. meanwhile people ordered quickly and added 5 packs to cart but it defaulted to 2 packs hah. total shitshow.

to be somewhat fair, any time there is a TBT, or a limited swap option, the discord is flooded with entitled people who probably aren't even members screaming about how bad things are. it turns into reddit for a day.

And every time a handful of their employees members start defending how good is VMP

I like how the discord blew up with this is worse than TBT after all the posturing yesterday.

Lol yeah that made me chuckle.

the website is so bad and can't handle traffic. i started getting the error message before things even went live. then the dropdown didn't work so they had to go back in and add in the 3 and 5 packs as separate items. meanwhile people ordered quickly and added 5 packs to cart but it defaulted to 2 packs hah. total shitshow.

Thing is, they've been around long enough to know better. Too many other companies do just fine with this sort of thing.

Lol yeah that made me chuckle.

Thing is, they've been around long enough to know better. Too many other companies do just fine with this sort of thing.
stuff sells out so they probably just don't care to fix it. rolling out a dropdown menu feature was a brave move after hyping up this sale for a week...

i'd say that the large majority of people hate TBT, even the biggest VMP fans.
I actually kinda enjoyed it, in the way back days when there were a few tricks to help your odds, and the offerings were more interesting. These days, I can't be bothered to engage with any of these VMP shenanigans. Even if you win, you still lose!

Because it’s awash with largely forgettable records that took years to sell out the first time but for one hour only people inexplicably decide they need to own more than they need to breathe air?
and because the "good stuff" sells out instantly before 12PM when they are supposed to go on sale while the site crashes.

It seemed like a few of the people who were this is great yesterday were in that chorus, but proving that would require a lot more investigation than I want to do

I actually kinda enjoyed it, in the way back days when there were a few tricks to help your odds. These days, I can't be bothered to engage with any of these VMP shenanigans. Even if you win, you still lose!
yea--i used to enjoy it too. but now that they announce titles ahead of time, too many people trying for stuff and the site can't handle it.

It seemed like a few of the people who were this is great yesterday were in that chorus, but proving that would require a lot more investigation than I want to do
yea--saw a few familiar names from yesterday so you're not wrong. people pissed that the site crashed and that the dropdowns didn't work. VMP had to send out an apology email about the whole experience.

and because the "good stuff" sells out instantly before 12PM when they are supposed to go on sale while the site crashes.
It’s just stupid people preying on stupid people.

TBT increasingly reminds me of a line I can recall from a documentary I once saw about a war hero that became a shrimp magnate. Stupid is as stupid does.

yea--saw a few familiar names from yesterday so you're not wrong. people pissed that the site crashed and that the dropdowns didn't work. VMP had to send out an apology email about the whole experience.
I will never understand why I get like 3/4 of their emails with no rhyme or reason. I also don’t care enough to ask cs.

Back