Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I just thought of something while replying to @DJSJ ’s post about why is VMP shitty… does the firing of A-B coincide with the massive fall off of their curation. (I mean there was some fall off from Sev to Storf, but I’m wondering if the last couple of years of underwhelm over all is tied to her leaving. She had pretty great picks)

I just thought of something while replying to @DJSJ ’s post about why is VMP shitty… does the firing of A-B coincide with the massive fall off of their curation. (I mean there was some fall off from Sev to Storf, but I’m wondering if the last couple of years of underwhelm over all is tied to her leaving. She had pretty great picks)
I don't think it's helped. it also seems like they're just stuck in a spot where everyone they dealt with to get titles saw what they do, figured why not make more money on it by keeping those releases in house instead of licensing them, and they're in a sort of weird limbo where they have less places to pick from and the price of their product has gone up to a point where it's priced at a premium product but kind of isn't.

they got a ball rolling for a market space, but ultimately, i think they've just sort of aged out of it and stagnated. new tracks weren't drivers in ways they thought they'd be, the whole plant fiasco, curation isn't as strong. they're absolutely just a start up waiting to be picked apart by the highest bidder.

idk, this all feels like "get the books in order for a sale" more than a going out of business
It just seems like they’re repositioning themselves as a much leaner, cleaner operation. The move to three subs from five, a pretty aggressive housekeeping operation around stock, binning off any partnerships that were a bit bloated and niche, cutting down on packaging costs by shipping replacements with subs and linking in to new external distribution partners in new markets is almost what you’d expect a real business to do. I mean… it’s kinda the bare minimum you’d expect and I’ve no idea how they’ve done 10 years without implementing that sort of fundamentals

Thats tied to a fairly uninspiring three months of essentials picks though so not all smelling of roses over there. They really need to get a handle on their curation

Now is the time to subscribe.

[td]
VMP
[/td]
[td]
Get a free annual digital subscription to CREEM Magazine as a thanks for being a VMP Member.
[/td]
[td]
We’re teaming up with America’s only Rock ‘n’ Roll Magazine to bring you the ultimate music experience.

As a VMP member, you get a free annual digital subscription to CREEM, on us. You'll get access to new editions and the CREEM digital archive right at your fingertips.

Enjoy exclusive content from the iconic magazine that’s been a staple in the music world for decades. It’s our little way of saying thanks for being part of our community.
[/td]
[td]
Use code VMPXCREEM to redeem your offer below.
[/td]
[td]
[/td]​
[/td]

Now is the time to subscribe.

[td]
VMP

[/td]

[td]
Get a free annual digital subscription to CREEM Magazine as a thanks for being a VMP Member.

[/td]

[td]
We’re teaming up with America’s only Rock ‘n’ Roll Magazine to bring you the ultimate music experience.

As a VMP member, you get a free annual digital subscription to CREEM, on us. You'll get access to new editions and the CREEM digital archive right at your fingertips.

Enjoy exclusive content from the iconic magazine that’s been a staple in the music world for decades. It’s our little way of saying thanks for being part of our community.

[/td]

[td]
Use code VMPXCREEM to redeem your offer below.

[/td]

[td]

[td]
REDEEM YOUR OFFER

[/td]​

[/td]

I haven't clicked through. Is it a sign up for a year free then charged after or just free is always free?

Random one, but I dont use Discord so kind of confused by it all. Is it possible to send people private messages? Is that what happens if I click the users name and type in the "Message @___" box?

Random one, but I dont use Discord so kind of confused by it all. Is it possible to send people private messages? Is that what happens if I click the users name and type in the "Message @___" box?
I have no idea. I can barely give a reaction there. Honestly, I would just go to the customer support thread and post it wholesale. Who knows how many other people are going through whatever weirdness is going on with yours?

Back