Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

"Oh yeah, and let's make one of the hats a narcocorridos celebration, because that captures the spirit of VMP." What?
Next thing you know, these rebels from society will be including mixed drink recipes with their liner notes. 😉
It makes me think of that Documentary Now episode of the Vice "reporters" going down to Mexico to find the cartels and they keep getting shipped back to Vice in plastic barrels.

View attachment 211708

My wife picked this one because "it sounds interesting", and I'm probably going to sell it this week as we will likely never listen to it again (along with Kim Gordon's latest attempt at trap music, and some duplicates laying about), ever. Looking at discog prices this seemingly has negative value. VMP probably told them as part of their deal they HAVE to take all their copies. They were never going to sell them, and it's honestly one of VMP's most baffling picks. I cannot see a world in which someone pays $51.38 + shipping for it.
I actually really like this one but I wouldn’t pay $50 for it

View attachment 211708

My wife picked this one because "it sounds interesting", and I'm probably going to sell it this week as we will likely never listen to it again (along with Kim Gordon's latest attempt at trap music, and some duplicates laying about), ever. Looking at discog prices this seemingly has negative value. VMP probably told them as part of their deal they HAVE to take all their copies. They were never going to sell them, and it's honestly one of VMP's most baffling picks. I cannot see a world in which someone pays $51.38 + shipping for it.
My local wouldn't even buy that one off me haha. It is actually a pretty cool album IMO. but just didn't get spins from me.

Looking at this list, maybe they should've cut the R&HH sub.
Supposedly it's one of the better selling tracks. It's one of the only tracks that sells out stuff still.

I think doing this is definitely....a strategy. And probably a good thing for people in the EU that want to grab a VMP record without subbing...probably a way to try right the ship financially after lots of bad decisions. More likely to piss off customers and lower subscriber numbers especially for internationals. Part of me wonders if they will get rid of international subs altogether and replace it with something like this where they stock their records at HHV or some other EU shops.

Supposedly it's one of the better selling tracks. It's one of the only tracks that sells out stuff still.

I think doing this is definitely....a strategy. And probably a good thing for people in the EU that want to grab a VMP record without subbing...probably a way to try right the ship financially after lots of bad decisions. More likely to piss off customers and lower subscriber numbers especially for internationals. Part of me wonders if they will get rid of international subs altogether and replace it with something like this where they stock their records at HHV or some other EU shops.

Maybe they can ask HHV to help get @Selaws their packages?

I know from the cost of my international shipping that even with a discount, they can’t be making money on what they charge for international subscriptions. I’m always astonished at the cost of international shipping, particularly outside of North America.

I know from the cost of my international shipping that even with a discount, they can’t be making money on what they charge for international subscriptions. I’m always astonished at the cost of international shipping, particularly outside of North America.
They definitely get some kinda bulk discount but I agree that their charge for international shipping is probably a decent bargain for international subscribers and likely doesn’t make a ton of sense for the company. Especially with mailing out replacements separately any time there’s a warp or the records don’t get to where they need to go…

I am actually surprised by how cheap these records are, considering HHV is certainly making money selling these. VMP must be in need for money.
I looked through the list and the hip hop stuff make sense because hhv predominantly sells hip hop bur t there is also some country and lots if older store exclusive ( variants for older records that other options exist for) that are probably hard to sell at those prices. So I guess hhv got the whole package at a huge discount

That's actually cool for me so I can get zhe few title I did want from.them for a lot cheaper than through vmp. Any special recommendqtuons from the list ?
It’s actually a quite sensible decision. They’ve had most of those in stock (and I’m guessing in fairly big numbers) for ages now so why not clear the deck at a wholesale cost and potentially get a little tiny bit of additional exposure in a foreign market at the same time.

HHV are pretty well respected too so it’s not like it’s some randomer flogging albums from a VW camper in a car park.

I looked through the list and the hip hop stuff make sense because hhv predominantly sells hip hop bur t there is also some country and lots if older store exclusive ( variants for older records that other options exist for) that are probably hard to sell at those prices. So I guess hhv got the whole package at a huge discount
It’s actually a quite sensible decision. They’ve had most of those in stock (and I’m guessing in fairly big numbers) for ages now so why not clear the deck at a wholesale cost and potentially get a little tiny bit of additional exposure in a foreign market at the same time.

HHV are pretty well respected too so it’s not like it’s some randomer flogging albums from a VW camper in a car park.

Agreed, it just goes a bit against the "cannot be found anywhere else"

Back