Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I'm really confused by it all too.

My yearly sub was due to renew (end?) anyway on 10/01/24. The discounted international sub figure in the renewal has since disappeared and was originally replaced with the monthly figure (I think it was $36). but now has disappeared completely.

So, I'm assuming once I receive this months package (Septembers) then that's it, no more VMP subscription?
I emailed CS a few days ago and asked for the discount to be provided as store credit. Not a peep.

In other news the customs mystery will be solved soon 😂. Box has hit my local distribution centre

It would seem from these documents that VMP owned/owns the liability of the plant because the execs paid for it with VMP $ and negotiated at time as VMP execs. Salstrom was a VMP employee, on their payroll and benefits, further blurring the employment law lines.
VMP could sell the pressing plant. Use the proceeds to pay off debts and settle the severance lawsuit with the exes. Then, sell VMP, minus plant, to the mystery prospective buyer they cited. The current execs can leave in the transition.
The valuation of VMP would be a question however because minus the plant, they only own what LPs they've pressed, everything else is leased (release rights, rented space, etc). As they have no back catalog of their own (like Rhino, for example), the exorbitant rights leases will be what ultimately drives their costs to a point of going out of business.
I imagine some of the valuation was in the large international subscriber base.

Woops!

I always thought keeping international customers was not a sound business decision on their part and understood Interscope’s decision not to deal with international customers for the same reason.

However, appearing to be eager to drop customers that have given them businesses for years is what I find humorous. It’s exactly the same attitude they showed when they closed the old discussion forum.

Soon, we’re gonna get to return his question back to Matt as he’s going to have all the time in the world to ponder what went wrong.

Oh, maybe he is not a thinking type.

I meant to say subscriber base in general but I’m not awake yet. Even the most ardent VMP subscribers on the discord are saying “fuck these prices”.

Nobody is calling the negativity unnecessary, for once. Even Pauly is kind of saying "I wouldn't have said it this way but I still agree". Pauly for President, by far the best guy working there.

Nobody is calling the negativity unnecessary, for once. Even Pauly is kind of saying "I wouldn't have said it this way but I still agree". Pauly for President, by far the best guy working there.
I really hope he's sending his resume out. If anyone at that dumpster fire deserves to land somewhere good it's him. I'm still irritated with how he ignored my messages when VMP wouldn't ship my in stock orders for four months, but he shouldn't have to be doing his job through discord and reddit (even if that is on him too). He's always seemed to be the only one to actually care about people and see things from their point of view and not just regurgitate the company marketing Kool aid.

I really hope he's sending his resume out. If anyone at that dumpster fire deserves to land somewhere good it's him. I'm still irritated with how he ignored my messages when VMP wouldn't ship my in stock orders for four months, but he shouldn't have to be doing his job through discord and reddit (even if that is on him too). He's always seemed to be the only one to actually care about people and see things from their point of view and not just regurgitate the company marketing Kool aid.

100%

Soon, we’re gonna get to return his question back to Matt as he’s going to have all the time in the world to ponder what went wrong.

Oh, maybe he is not a thinking type.
Just because they cancelled the Mondo series after a couple of records and sacked their freshly Headhunted team, scrapped paragon half way through, binned off their own record plant (then pretended they didn’t actually know it was their own record plant), had to delay almost everything they’d pre-sold including some really expensive box sets, flipped a load of shit records under the false pretences of a ‘limited vault offering, had to sack off two whole product lines due to lack of supply, killed off an entire market in international subs, failed to implement even the most basic stock management systems then put their prices through the roof for domestic customers it doesn’t mean something is wrong though… right?

Just because they cancelled the Mondo series after a couple of records and sacked their freshly Headhunted team, scrapped paragon half way through, binned off their own record plant (then pretended they didn’t actually know it was their own record plant), had to delay almost everything they’d pre-sold including some really expensive box sets, flipped a load of shit records under the false pretences of a ‘limited vault offering, had to sack off two whole product lines due to lack of supply, killed off an entire market in international subs, failed to implement even the most basic stock management systems then put their prices through the roof for domestic customers it doesn’t mean something is wrong though… right?

Stop the unnecessary negativity.

Would really love to have someone tonight asking them what they will do with more time.

Didn’t you do the talk with them and pick a record to highlight?
no, paul just asked me in a direct message "if you were to recommend any in-stock record, which?"

edit: I didn't (and don't) think of it as a survey. It wasn't even a conversation, it was a single question. I guess that's a question of semantics or pedantry, and I suppose that's on me for not understanding what you meant

Last edited:
Back