Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

It would seem from these documents that VMP owned/owns the liability of the plant because the execs paid for it with VMP $ and negotiated at time as VMP execs. Salstrom was a VMP employee, on their payroll and benefits, further blurring the employment law lines.
VMP could sell the pressing plant. Use the proceeds to pay off debts and settle the severance lawsuit with the exes. Then, sell VMP, minus plant, to the mystery prospective buyer they cited. The current execs can leave in the transition.
The valuation of VMP would be a question however because minus the plant, they only own what LPs they've pressed, everything else is leased (release rights, rented space, etc). As they have no back catalog of their own (like Rhino, for example), the exorbitant rights leases will be what ultimately drives their costs to a point of going out of business.

They are doing too much at once. They clearly didn’t move enough during their recent sales and are in straight up panic mode. I imagine some of that is they know there is certain percentage that is coming up for renewal that will not because of the deals last year. Raising the sub price will only exacerbate that exodus especially combined with just cutting off a whole section of their sub base.

I mentioned on the discord that they should do some focus group in solution to issues and was told by a poster they were…. I assume this really refers to the @yukbon survey thingamabob… which is not really what I was talking about but I don’t have the energy to argue with those yokels.

Like they should have asked some international subscribers about what moving forward looked like. But whatevs.
TBH, from a business standpoint they should probably call it a day.

This ship ain’t sinking, this ship done sunk.

They’re already dead they just don’t know it yet.

It would seem from these documents that VMP owned/owns the liability of the plant because the execs paid for it with VMP $ and negotiated at time as VMP execs. Salstrom was a VMP employee, on their payroll and benefits, further blurring the employment law lines.
VMP could sell the pressing plant. Use the proceeds to pay off debts and settle the severance lawsuit with the exes. Then, sell VMP, minus plant, to the mystery prospective buyer they cited. The current execs can leave in the transition.
The valuation of VMP would be a question however because minus the plant, they only own what LPs they've pressed, everything else is leased (release rights, rented space, etc). As they have no back catalog of their own (like Rhino, for example), the exorbitant rights leases will be what ultimately drives their costs to a point of going out of business.
The plant has already been sold. Gary and Dave Rawlings bought it and renamed it Paramount Pressing. They are doing all the Gillian and Dave stuff.

They are doing too much at once. They clearly didn’t move enough during their recent sales and are in straight up panic mode. I imagine some of that is they know there is certain percentage that is coming up for renewal that will not because of the deals last year. Raising the sub price will only exacerbate that exodus especially combined with just cutting off a whole section of their sub base.

I mentioned on the discord that they should do some focus group in solution to issues and was told by a poster they were…. I assume this really refers to the @yukbon survey thingamabob… which is not really what I was talking about but I don’t have the energy to argue with those yokels.

Like they should have asked some international subscribers about what moving forward looked like. But whatevs.
my ... survey?

This is probably the closest thing to the truth of what happened/will happen.

I bet they try one last ditch shady bookkeeping effort and try to claim all the preorders as actual value when in fact everyone could just ask for a refund and clean the rest of the coffers.

Can someone confirm if, as an International subscriber, I can still add tracks to my membership?
On my membership page it says my membership will end on 01/01/25, which is normal, but it also says my add-ons will end on 10/01/24.

1725603438684.png

EDIT: Membership Cancellation: If you are an international member, your membership will automatically be canceled at the end of your current term. You will still have access to tracks and swaps until your membership expires.

Last edited:
Can someone confirm if, as an International subscriber, I can still add tracks to my membership?
On my membership page it says my membership will end on 01/01/25, which is normal, but it also says my add-ons will end on 10/01/24.
probably no more free shipping for international members for add-ons even tho you're still a member is all i can guess.

View attachment 212933

EDIT: Membership Cancellation: If you are an international member, your membership will automatically be canceled at the end of your current term. You will still have access to tracks and swaps until your membership expires.
I'm really confused by it all too.

My yearly sub was due to renew (end?) anyway on 10/01/24. The discounted international sub figure in the renewal has since disappeared and was originally replaced with the monthly figure (I think it was $36). but now has disappeared completely.

So, I'm assuming once I receive this months package (Septembers) then that's it, no more VMP subscription?

My yearly sub was due to renew (end?) anyway on 10/01/24. The discounted international sub figure in the renewal has since disappeared and was originally replaced with the monthly figure (I think it was $36). but now has disappeared completely.

So, I'm assuming once I receive this months package (Septembers) then that's it, no more VMP subscription?

That is what I understand. On my main account, that was supposed to end on 10/01/24 it says ends on 10/01/24. On the other one, supposed to end on 01/01/2025, it says it ends on 01/01/2025. So I assume that's it for my main account and i have another three months for the second one.

That would be correct. If your sub ended after 10/1, it would be honored but no renewing after it expired

Back