Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Before VMP I’d never even heard mention of Shopify, it’s a regular word on here now.
The reality is the Website functionality is just a bit shit, and it’s been constantly this way for its lifespan. Many other companies don’t have the same problem, who knows if they use Shopify or not. As a consumer I should have no fucking idea Shopify exists, I’ve no interest and nor should I care what my online retailers checkout Software product is.
The fact it’s constantly mentioned in the negative tells its own story. Stop using it and try something more suitable. End of rant.
Edit : Or not I’m indirectly banned from returning at end of sub anyhow. In fact leave it and die a slow death by many cuts. Definitely end of rant now.
Shopify is probably the most widely used online platform in the world. I’ve heard retailers bitch about fees and weird interfaces, but VMP uses it like a scapegoat for all their technical problems which probably have to do with wanting to pay their tech people below average.

Shopify is probably the most widely used online platform in the world. I’ve heard retailers bitch about fees and weird interfaces, but VMP uses it like a scapegoat for all their technical problems which probably have to do with wanting to pay their tech people below average.
Yea I am not sure how anybody who does online shopping has never heard of Shopify before now.

The problem is Shopify works for some retailers but VMP is trying to shoehorn it into their use case and they keep just trying to throw bandaids as temporary fixes

Yea I am not sure how anybody who does online shopping has never heard of Shopify before now.

The problem is Shopify works for some retailers but VMP is trying to shoehorn it into their use case and they keep just trying to throw bandaids as temporary fixes
Well I have because of VMP haha so it has probably been in my headspace since ooh 2015/6. But only here, why would I when I check out at any multiple number of online sites. Which I do way more than I should.
I’m just using their site and paying (usually by PayPal). I don’t give a flying fuck about my chosen companies choice of Sales platform/ Software / whatever it’s called. And I suspect most people think the same.

Well I have because of VMP haha. But why would I when I check out at any multiple number of online sites. Which I do way more than I should.
I’m just using their site and paying (usually by PayPal). I don’t give a flying fuck about my chosen companies choice of Sales platform/ Software / whatever it’s called. And I suspect most people think the same.
Shop app = Shopify. It’s used on nearly every retailer site.

Shop app = Shopify. It’s used on nearly every retailer site.
Errr ok - I’m not being argumentative btw, just Shop app = Shopify, I’m not sure what’s that even explains.
I’ve never used the term Shop app or downloaded “shop app” or “shopify”
I use all sorts of applications at work to help with a varied amount of management tasks, they just perform a function and the end users of my companies products don’t care and will never know. TBH In my role they shouldn’t either but I kinda feel same way about Shopify, don’t tell me it is shit, just get something else that works better, I need no explanation about its failings.

More importantly does it interfere with Distribution because those fuckers have kept my money for 3 or 4 months and despite multiple efforts I’m still waiting for John Lee Hooker and Moon Blood. I’m not sure if it bothers me more because I more or less bought them just to use some of my ever building credit.
Any other internationals wondering how they are gonna spend / swap their way out of your subscriptions life ?

Errr ok - I’m not being argumentative btw, just Shop app = Shopify, I’m not sure what’s that even explains.
I’ve never used the term Shop app or downloaded “shop app” or “shopify”
I use all sorts of applications at work to help with a varied amount of management tasks, they just perform a function and the end users of my companies products don’t care and will never know. TBH In my role they shouldn’t either but I kinda feel same way about Shopify, don’t tell me it is shit, just get something else that works better, I need no explanation about its failings.
Was just surprised someone has never seen shop app or Shopify given how prevalent it is now on nearly every online retailer. It’s almost as prevalent as PayPal now. It’s not a hidden back end really as most retail sites offer “shop pay”.

Totally agree that the fact that they bring it up all the time to explain shortcomings means maybe they shouldn’t be using it. But VMP passing the buck has happened since their inception. Saddle Creek’s fault, Shopify’s fault, etc. been 10 years of this behavior.

Was just surprised someone has never seen shop app or Shopify given how prevalent it is now on nearly every online retailer. It’s almost as prevalent as PayPal now. It’s not a hidden back end really as most retail sites offer “shop pay”.

Totally agree that the fact that they bring it up all the time to explain shortcomings means maybe they shouldn’t be using it. But VMP passing the buck has happened since their inception. Saddle Creek’s fault, Shopify’s fault, etc. been 10 years of this behavior.
Aw shucks guys, we’re a small business.

Did you not order it? Or was it just the socks separately?
Box and socks came together. Neither of which I’ve paid for. I have, however, paid about £50 in customs as I originally thought the package was my paragon pre-orders. It was only when I was checking in my account after I’d stumped up the customs charge that I realised it wasn’t those

I’d normally get in touch and try to work it out with them but sorting the customs rebate is going to be a right chew on

Box and socks came together. Neither of which I’ve paid for. I have, however, paid about £50 in customs as I originally thought the package was my paragon pre-orders. It was only when I was checking in my account after I’d stumped up the customs charge that I realised it wasn’t those

I’d normally get in touch and try to work it out with them but sorting the customs rebate is going to be a right chew on

Would be crazy if they did not canceled hundreds of orders and people are receiving their box. Of course they will blame international subscribers.

Back