Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Fake news!!

giphy.gif

Yup I think they introduced this idea before the Brexit and it, of course, crashed it. Still, they are plenty of distributors in UE who could do the same.

But they also dropped it before brexit was even close to being a reality, I don’t think the negotiations on a soft brexit with May’s government were happening never mind them being booted out and the hard negotiations with BoJo’s looney tunes. It was an excuse for an idea that was released to the forum before it was even half baked.

But they also dropped it before brexit was even close to being a reality, I don’t think the negotiations on a soft brexit with May’s government were happening never mind them being booted out and the hard negotiations with BoJo’s looney tunes. It was an excuse for an idea that was released to the forum before it was even half baked.

Could have been. As with many other brilliant ideas they had, we'll never know what happened to them.

FWIW even Craft shut down their UK or European distribution last I checked.

They actually set it up in the first place, they never had European distribution outside the uk and actual consequences of actual brexit post 2020, not maybe a brezit we don’t know anything about post 2016, caused them to stop.

They actually set it up in the first place, they never had European distribution outside the uk and actual consequences of actual brexit post 2020, not maybe a brezit we don’t know anything about post 2016, caused them to stop.
I don’t see how a European distribution center would make sense for them. They claim to have 20k subscribers as of a few months ago. 15% were international (not just Europe/UK). Doesn’t seem like enough customers to set up a whole distribution center for.

Wholesaling to HHV seems to be their way to get records to European customers now.

I don’t see how a European distribution center would make sense for them. They claim to have 20k subscribers as of a few months ago. 15% were international (not just Europe/UK). Doesn’t seem like enough customers to set up a whole distribution center for.

Wholesaling to HHV seems to be their way to get records to European customers now.

Now yes Mike. We aren’t talking about now. This was a conversation a long long time ago. It felt like they built what was the nascent spark of an idea into an actual plan to make them look good on the forum and then were scrambling for any old excuse for why it didn’t happen that weren’t really credible.

Now yes Mike. We aren’t talking about now. This was a conversation a long long time ago. It felt like they built what was the nascent spark of an idea into an actual plan to make them look good on the forum and then were scrambling for any old excuse for why it didn’t happen that weren’t really credible.
Sounds like VMP 😂 they have been talking about a loyalty program for about 2 years now too to entice people to stay subbed longer

Having an Euro distributor could increase their number of subscribers and reduce the risks though. Seems like something that could make sense considering the thousands of records they ship to Europe every year. BUT, I am not sure Shopify would allow that.

Having an Euro distributor could increase their number of subscribers and reduce the risks though. Seems like something that could make sense considering the thousands of records they ship to Europe every year. BUT, I am not sure Shopify would allow that.
The cost for the distributor would be passed along to euro customers so not sure how it would increase subscribers. I doubt they would cut the price of membership for euro international customers after investing a bunch of money (that they don't have) into opening a euro distributor/warehouse. Compared to zero subscribers soon, yes I suppose it would increase their number of subscribers haha. It would also make shipping damaged records cheaper for sure.

Doing the wholesale HHV thing is a much cheaper way to do what you are saying. It'll be interesting to see how much HHV puts up with the warped returns though hah

Can someone confirm if, as an International subscriber, I can still add tracks to my membership?
On my membership page it says my membership will end on 01/01/25, which is normal, but it also says my add-ons will end on 10/01/24.

View attachment 212933

EDIT: Membership Cancellation: If you are an international member, your membership will automatically be canceled at the end of your current term. You will still have access to tracks and swaps until your membership expires.

There might be a change soon... Sounds to me that we won't be allowed to add more tracks...

1726144082152.png

Back